- The University of Birmingham has several scholarships for students who are taking the MBA program.
- The African MBA scholarship is given to individuals from Africa who are in financial need. Allocations are based on intellectual excellence, relevant experience and a commitment to economic development in Africa.
- This scholarship is partly funded by the university and a private donor who has a commitment to Africa.
- Recipients of this scholarship benefit from a financial contribution towards their tuition fees.
- University of Birmingham
Field(s) of Study
- Master of Business Administration (Business Studies)
What does the scholarship cover?
- This is a full tuition fee scholarship worth £25,950.
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia
- DRC Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt
- Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia
- Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia
- Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius
- Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda
- Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia
- South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Switzerland, Tanzania, Togo
- Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be from the continent of Africa
- Have relevant academic and work experience
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Have already applied for a one-year full-time MBA program
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by the university
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- Scholarships are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Assessments are based on the candidate’s MBA application, curriculum vitae and personal statement.
- Each candidate must indicate which scholarship he or she wants to be considered for in the scholarship application and personal statement.
- The MBA Director may interview shortlisted candidates via Skype, or on the phone.
- The assessment process is conducted on a rolling basis all through the application cycle.
- This an open-ended scholarship with no application deadline.
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships
- Most Recent Scholarships – http://serveafrica.info/category/scholarships
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum