- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degrees (EMJMD) is an initiative of Erasmus+, the European Union for education, training, youth, and sport.
- The EMJMD is a prestigious international study program that is jointly delivered by a consortium of higher education institutions.
- The EMJMD aims to foster innovation, excellence, quality improvements and internationalization in higher education institutions (HEI).
- This scholarship program also seeks to increase the quality and attractiveness of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), as well as support the EU’s external action in the higher education field by offering full degree scholarships to the best Masters students worldwide.
- Lastly, the EMJMD aims to improve the level of skills and competencies of Masters Graduates, with an emphasis on relevance to the labor market.
- Study in numerous European Countries and Universities.
- Studies must be undertaken in at least two member countries in the consortium of higher education institutions, for at least two mobility periods.
- Additional study periods can take place in other participating organizations from program or partner countries.
Fields of Study
- Wide varieties of academic disciplines are available.
- On completion of the study program, you will either receive a joint degree (one degree certificate issued on behalf of at least two HEIs of the EMJMD consortium), or multiple degrees (two degree certificates issued by two HEIs of the consortium).
What does the scholarship cover?
- This scholarship is awarded for full-time enrollment in one of the Master’s courses and covers the entire EMJMD study period.
- You must be admitted into a course by the organizing consortium and then selected for the EMJMD scholarship to receive Erasmus+ support.
- Recipients of this scholarship are entitled to:
- Participation costs – tuition fees, library and lab costs, full insurance cover, and any other mandatory costs associated with the course.
- A contribution to travel and settling costs
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the entire term of the study program
- The total amount of the scholarships varies according to the duration of the course, and your nationality.
- Non-EU students receive larger scholarships
- A minimum of 75% of the scholarships given out are awarded to applicants from partner countries.
How many scholarships are given?
- A maximum of 20 scholarships.
Which countries are targeted?
- Selected EU and Non-EU countries.
- Non-EU partner countries in Africa include: (classified as ACP Region 11)
Angola Benin Botswana Burkina Faso
Burundi Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic
Chad Comoros DRC Congo Côte D’Ivoire
Djibouti Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia
Gabon Gambia Ghana Guinea
Guinea Bissau Kenya Lesotho Liberia
Madagascar Malawi Mali Mauritius
Mauritania Mozambique Namibia Niger
Nigeria Rwanda Seychelles Senegal
Sierra Leone Somalia Sudan Swaziland
Tanzania Togo Uganda Zambia
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Students who are planning to pursue Masters Degrees can apply, subject to country partnerships.
- Applicants must have obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning according to the national practices in the degree awarding institution.
- Any student who has already obtained an EMJMD scholarship or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course or Joint Doctorate Scholarship is not eligible for an additional EMJMD scholarship. If you already a beneficiary of an EU-funded scholarship, you cannot receive an EMJMD scholarship.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- Interested students should consult the online EMJMD catalog for information on the available courses and application procedures. They should then contact the consortium offering the Master courses for more information on how to apply for the scholarship.
- Applications for 2018 are to be submitted between October 2017 and January 2018.
How do I get more information?
- Website – https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/opportunities-for-individuals/students/erasmus-mundus-joint-master-degrees_en
- Free Scholarships
- Most Recent Scholarships – http://serveafrica.info/category/scholarships
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum