SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ETHIOPIAN STUDENTS
FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
- 12 girls who are AIDS orphans will receive support and scholarships for higher education. They are among more than 600 children who have lost their parents to HIV/AIDS and who are receiving community-based care and support through an Ethiopian NGO called Hope for Children. The 12 girls receiving Batonga scholarships for post-secondary school education will receive support for tuition, school supplies and mentoring.
- Adult Non Formal Education Association Ethiopia (ANFEAE) is a local NGOs which gives equal importance to the out-of-school children and adult literacy. Currently, it is reaching 4000 out-of-school children and 1500 adults with basic education and literacy in 30 ABE centers. ANFEAE works with 140 AGSP recipients in the Benishagul and Gambela regions.
- Supports young people pursuing vocational training such as carpentry, tailoring, mechanics, masonry, etc. The goal of the program is to alleviate poverty by empowering youth and equipping them with the necessary skills to compete in the job market, reduce unemployment, and support their families.
- Makerere University entered a partnership with MasterCard Foundation to offer scholarships to 1,000 academically bright but economically disadvantaged youth from Africa to study at Makerere University from 2013 to 2023.
- This is a project worth US $ 20,989,965.15 implemented at Makerere University with the aim of developing the next generation of African Leaders and also to promote the strategic objectives of Makerere University and MasterCard Foundation in contributing to Africa’s higher education sector and development.
- The project is implemented under the leadership of the Makerere University Gender Mainstreaming Directorate.
- Finnish institutions provide over 450 English-speaking degree and non-degree programmes. Some of the programs are short courses, which can usually only be taken as part of an exchange program whilst whole degree programmes take several years to complete, and lead to an official Finnish higher education Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree.
Japanese Ministry of Education – Monbukagakusho
- MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate students or as research students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program.
- Only those who with ETHIOPIAN NATIONALITY may apply through the Embassy of Japan in Ethiopia.
- International Scholarship Program for Africa (4). VALUE: $100,000 ($25,000 x 4 years). Must be citizen of an African country. To renew — maintain high academic standing (7.8 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York.
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- Within the programme for international courses and training programmes 2010-2011, CIUF grants 150 scholarships for participation into the courses and 70 for participation into the training programmes.
- The objective of the scholarship program is to promote democratic, economic and social development through supporting know-how and transfer of knowledge to advanced students within areas in which Sweden is at the forefront of academic research.
- is addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
- The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students in order to promote international exchange in education and mutual friendship between the participating countries.
- The Swiss Government awards a range of scholarships to foreign students through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS): university scholarships (Swiss universities and Federal Institutes of Technology), arts scholarships (schools of music and fine arts) and scholarships for universities of applied sciences (UAS). These scholarships provide graduates from all fields with the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies or research in Switzerland at a public funded university or recognized institution.
POSTGRADUATE – FELLOWSHIPS
- provides a number of postgraduate scholarships for outstanding students from South Africa, Sri Lanka and Ethiopia, who wish to study at NUI Galway, who would otherwise be unable to finance their studies in Ireland. Priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate that the knowledge they acquire from their studies will be utilised subsequently to support development in their home countries.
- The scholarship amount will be up to € 15,000 for one academic year towards the cost of travel and accommodation. In addition, relevant tuition fees will be awarded by NUI Galway. Selection criteria will be based on academic merit and financial need.
Other Great Links to Scholarship Opportunities:
List of FREE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS – CLICK HERE
- Canadian Universities offer a world class education and generous scholarships to international students. Here’s our list of the best opportunities.
- Numerous US Universities offer scholarships for international students. We list only the best opportunities here.
- We’ve examined scholarship opportunities from 100’s of schools and only these make our TOP 10 list.
- Looking for the best scholarships offered for Graduate study. Here’s our TOP 10 list of best choices.
- Also see our list of the Best European Graduate Scholarships