How Leading KCPE Schools in Kenya Achieved Success
Every year, after the annual KCPE results are released, parents eagerly scrutinize them in an effort to establish which schools performed best. The question is, however, how did these leading schools achieve the good grades, and become among the top in the KCPE rankings 2017? Coming up is a list of the strategies they used.
5. Correct Revision Techniques
- First, most leading schools do not leave revision to the last minute. Instead, the teachers endeavor to complete the syllabus early in the year so that the students have ample time to go over the content several times.
- In addition, the schools adopt revision techniques based on the students’ abilities and potential. For example, some may review topics systematically, while others may choose to focus on the more difficult topics.
4. Teacher Availability
- For the students to succeed in the examinations, the teachers must be readily available to meet their needs for guidance, mentorship, and encouragement. To get to the top of KCPE rankings 2017, many leading schools had to invest heavily in their teachers. You will find that the teachers in these schools are well trained, experienced and passionate about their job and the students. The school administration must, therefore, make sure that all teachers are motivated, encouraged and appreciated often.
- A good school will always have a revision strategy in place for its pupils. Examples include remedial (extra) classes for weaker students, continuous assessments, etc. Where extra classes are required, parents, and teachers work together so that the students are not overwhelmed by the long hours of study.
- The school administration also makes an effort to get all kinds of sample questions from all over the country for the students to attempt in preparation for the final examination.
- Finally, the students are taught different study methods, and how to adapt these to the different subjects.
2. Parental Support
- The success of every school that emerged top in the KCPE rankings 2017 was largely due to the parents of the children. Without parental support, students are not able to attend lessons on time, rest well, eat well and study sufficiently.
- Together with the teachers, parents help to encourage the children to study, as well as prepare them for what lies ahead beyond primary school.
- School Atmosphere
- If you visit one of the best schools in the KCPE rankings 2017, you will note that the atmosphere is perfect for studying. First, the students have fixed study times that they must adhere to. Second, the study time is supervised, and there is always a teacher present to answer any queries. Third, the students have adequate study materials like test papers, class notes, and textbooks that they can use for revision.
- Fourth, the children are given time out to relax and get a breather – some schools even organize for weeklong trips during the holiday before the examination. Lastly, the children are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities like sports, music festivals, drama festivals, etc.
To get good grades and be ranked top in KCPE rankings 2017, schools have to be innovative in the way they motivate their students to do well. After all, a good grade always opens doors for its owner!