KENYA GRADUATE STUDENTS Awards and Scholarships
- The Africa ADS program provides academic scholarships to undertake Master Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas There website is designed to be a useful tool for you to find out more information about the scholarships eligibility criteria, country specific details, the institutions at which the scholarships can be undertaken, information about Australia and the regions where the institutions are located as well as details on the forum (chat room) and alumni to connect with past and present awardees.
- Priority sectors: Health (Including child and maternal health. HIV / AIDS and public sector management aspects of the sector) and Environment (including water and sanitation)
- Number of scholarships available for 2009 intake : 12
- seeks to build a new generation of social justice leaders worldwide who come from groups and communities that have traditionally lacked access to higher education, and are selected on the strength of their academic achievement, leadership, skills and social commitment.
- The objective of the scholarship program is to promote democratic, economic and social development through supporting know-how and transfer of knowledge to advanced students within areas in which Sweden is at the forefront of academic research.
- is addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
- offers three scholarships each year to citizens who wish to pursue studies leading to a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Development Studies in a recognized institution of higher learning in East Africa. Each scholarship covers tuition fees, subsistence allowance, travel, and other related expenses. Successful applicants must study in an institution outside their country of origin.
- Sponsors refugees or internally displaced people to study for postgraduate qualifications at universities in Britain. These students arrive in the UK from some of the most basic of conditions in refugee camps. Competition and demand for sponsorship is high.
- List of other scholarships (undergrad, grad and post-grad) to students from the African Continent.
- Looking for the best scholarships offered for Graduate study. Here’s our TOP 10 list of best choices.
For PhD Students
- will roll out the second stage of a major development initiative in eastern and southern Africa, launching a new scholarship scheme with the Government of Kenya for five PhD students.
- The scholarship scheme is part of a $2.6 million University initiative to build capacity in countries in eastern and southern Africa.
- The initiative involves waiving fees for up to 30 government-sponsored research higher degree students from Africa to study at the University of Newcastle in Australia over the next three years.
- The five scholarships launched today in Kenya are the second stage of the initiative, and follow five scholarships announced in Botswana last year.
- From 2009, up to 20 new full tuition fee PhD scholarships will be available per annum for international students. Scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees for three years. A travel contribution of up to $2000 will also be provided to scholarship holders towards a return international air fare.
- This TOP 10 list provides a variety of options. When searching for a scholarship start here. This comprehensive list of websites provides the information and resources that you will need to succeed in your search.