Local University Kenyan Scholarships
- The University, in collaboration with other development partners, awards partial tuition scholarships and grants to full time students once every academic year. Eligibility is based on: Economic need and scholastic achievement, Applicant’s personal character, Quality for future leadership, Demonstrated commitment to the University ideals/activities and Participation in community service
- Note: Those who have not yet joined the University, first years, and final year students do not qualify. Application forms are available at the Financial Aid Office from the end of November every year and are returned before 28th February the following year. Results are released by September the same year.
- is situated in Juja, 36 kilometers North East of Nairobi, along Nairobi-Thika Highway.
- OVS Scholarships – is offering two scholarships for orphans and vulnerable students from Kenya seeking to pursue an undergraduate degree at KU. The scholarship will cover the full tuition cost. Requirement: C+ mean grade in KCSE.
- KU Internal Bursary – are for students already enrolled in KU programs and are awarded based on the need of the vulnerable student. Applications should be collected and filed through the Dean of Students in the first week of the academic year.
- Postgraduate Scholarships – KU will give 20 scholarships to cover tuition for Masters programs. These scholarship are awarded to admitted graduate students in September and based on proven high academic performance.
- KIRIRI WOMEN’S UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (KWUST)
- If you wish to apply for a scholarship to study at KWUST, you are required to complete the following form. Just click on the link to download the application form.
- Since the university has limited resources to provide scholarships to the many students who deserve, it aims at assisting students get alternative sources of resources to finance their post-secondary education.
- Our ideal is that no deserving student should fail to get a place in the University owing to lack of financial means; the University has, therefore, over the years sought the assistance of private and public institutions, as well as individuals, to contribute to the bursary scheme. As a consequence, the University runs a comprehensive bursary scheme for needy students.
- The Rattansi Educational Trust. The Trust with a heart and a desire to eradicate poverty through education of needy students.
- The Aga Khan Foundation is a non-denominational, international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 15 countries
- Prof Muriuki offered by University of Nairobi. We deal with the needy students admitted in the University of Nairobi whether postgraduate or Undergraduate students
- PATHWAYS Leadership for Progress – Kenya Scholarships Leadership training recipients are chosen based on grades, their KCSE, financial need, motivation to make a difference in their community and country, references, and their project proposal.
OTHER Local Kenyan Scholarships OPTIONS
- The Board’s objective is to give financial support to needy Kenyan students in institutions of higher learning both locally and abroad. However, due to financial constraints, it is currently not in a position to provide loans to students studying outside the country and those on self sponsored programmes (commonly known as the ‘parallel programmes’). Therefore, at the moment, it gives loans to the following category of students
- Needy Kenyan students who are admitted to public universities through the Joint Admissions Board and to those attending private chartered universities.
- “ENHANCING ACCESS AND EQUITY TO TIVET PROGRAMMES FOR ALL PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS” POLICY GUIDELINES FOR THE ALLOCATION AND DISBUREMENT OF BURSARY TO TECHNICAL INDUSTRIAL VOCATIONAL AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATOIN (TIVET) TRAINEES.