NEW LIST: TOP 10 SECONDARY SCHOOLS in Kenya
Last Year – 2009 Top 17 Independent Secondary Schools in Kenya
- is a private co-educational, multicultural day secondary school. The school is situated in Westlands, along Waiyaki Way, just seven kilometers from Nairobi’s city centre.
- The Aga Khan High School, Nairobi is a not-for-profit independent school registered with the Ministry of Education, Kenya. The school is home to approximately 345 students and 28 teaching faculty.
- Offering strong academic teaching on a campus with extracurricular facilities that are the envy of many schools, the Aga Khan High School, Nairobi strives to impart an education that will enable students to become well-placed members of Kenyan society, who will shape Kenya for generations to come.
- is a Christian day School offering the British National Curriculum. We have a strong commitment to academic excellence and a high level of discipline. Children are accepted from the age of two and are able to progress through our Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary sections, culminating in the opportunity to sit IGCSE (formerly ‘O’ level) and GCE (A level) examinations.
- is an A-Level Co-educational International school following the British National Curriculum.
- Senior High has its best foot forward to develop scholars with a balance in Academic intellectual, emotional growth and stability, physical growth and health and the best social charact
- Brookhouse is a co-educational day and boarding school for students aged 3-19, offering an adapted form of the British National Curriculum to Kenyan and international students. The school strives to develop each student’s intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth to their full potential.
- Peponi School was established in 1989, to be a first class, independent, co-educational boarding school with an international intake of pupils working for internationally recognized school-leaving examinations at 16 (IGCSE), 17 (A/S) and 18 (A2) Years.
- It provides a peaceful, caring milieu in which pupils can achieve their full potential, can enjoy learning and develop their talents in a community where excellence is expected; where they can develop an awareness of the spiritual and creative elements of life, and a sense of self-confidence, self-reliance and service.
List of FREE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS – CLICK HERE
- Braeburn High School is a co-educational International Secondary School following the British National Curriculum. Students are prepared for the University of Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (IGCSE). The School enjoys a wide racial mix, and has recently moved to its present site so all the buildings and facilities are brand new and in pristine condition.
- Braeburn High is a day school with an extensive school transport system. The School has a warm, friendly and caring atmosphere with high standards of discipline, providing an environment conducive to good learning. Our aim is to allow all students to fulfill their academic potential, while at the same time developing social skills and graces to enable them to meet the challenges of society.
- Occupy grounds of over 50 acres, including a seven-acre property adjacent to the school that is home to our boarding community known as Toad Hall. The international nature of the school is one of Hillcrest’s main assets, and today our students represent over 55 countries from around the world. Evolving from a small primary school in Nairobi to a vibrant and successful international community that offers quality British education to students of all ages, nationalities and religions, the Hillcrest reputation evokes pride and respect. The positive nature of the working environment is demonstrated by low staff turnover and an impressive 98% student completion rate. The school has only had four previous headteachers.
- RVA is a Christian boarding school located in central Kenya. The academy, a branch of Africa Inland Mission International, exists to provide a quality education in a nurturing environment for the children of missionaries serving in Africa. With over 100 years of rich history, RVA has played an instrumental role in the lives of countless MKs (missionary kids). The current student body of about 450 includes more than 20 different nationalities. The families these students represent serve with 80 mission organizations in over 20 African countries.
- Located on the outskirts of Nairobi, the International School of Kenya is a coeducational day school encompassing grades pre-kindergarten through 13 and offering both the North American High School Diploma as well as the International Baccalaureate Diploma to its graduates.
- At its picturesque 25-hectare campus established in 1976, ISK provides a well-rounded education to approximately 650 students who represent 60 nationalities.
- a private Christian school founded in 1967, is an international, coed, day school with a North American curriculum for grades K-12. Approximately 44% of the 488 students are American, and more than 32 nationalities are represented in the school. Situated within a kilometer of the United States Embassy and the East Africa United Nations headquarters, Rosslyn Academy sits on 40 acres of former coffee plantation in a residential area on the outskirts of Nairobi. Rosslyn provides a beautiful and calm refuge from the bustle of the capital city. In the center of the campus the original plantation house serves as the administration building. Although the elementary, middle and high schools are located on the same campus, each school has its own principal, facilities and culture.
- Canadian Universities offer a world class education and generous scholarships to international students. Here’s our list of the best opportunities.
- Numerous US Universities offer scholarships for international students. We list only the best opportunities here.
- We’ve examined scholarship opportunities from 100’s of schools and only these make our TOP 10 list.