Greetings in the most precious name of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. I am pastor/missionary Tom Mboya Opiyo. Currently I am a missionary in Kenya in Africa among a people of Cattle called the MAASAI in a place called Narok in the Rift Valley province of Kenya. God led me to contact you as I prayerfully read what you do via the internet. Thank you brethren for the great work you do for the expansion of the Kingdom of God by helping people who are poor and desperate to get education.
I have given a brief overview of my current ministry work. I request your organization to prayerfully consider working in partnership with our ministry for the sake of proclaiming the Gospel with the urgency the Gospel requires by supporting the children , pupils and students who desperately need education sponsorship We genuinely need your support in that regard as we do indigenous missionary work among needy people in Africa.
Our ministry is involved in doing many things with very limited resources. That includes,
1. Missions and missionary work
2. Church planting
4. Teaching ministries
5. Kingdom business enterprises income generating initiatives
6. Widows/oprphans/destitute support/care
7. Community development projects/programs as evangelistic tools
8. Children/youth/women and family ministries
9. Church/christian networking
10. Education support and sponsorship programmes
I am struggling with all those programs and many of them are not doing well because of the poor African environments where I work. I need your prayer, support and expertise.
More information about the needy children, pupils and students is given below for your easy reference. Thank you and may the Almighty God richly bless you. I look forward to your help and to hear from you.
Remember that your service is not in vain (1 Corinthians 15:58).
In God’s humble service,
PASTOR TOM MBOYA OPIYO,
PERSONAL FAITH STATEMENT
I am Pastor/Missionary Tom Mboya Opiyo born in Kawino Location, Kadibo Division, and Kisumu District in Nyanza Province of Kenya. My parents (both are dead) were Mr. Opiyo Ochia and Mrs. Margaret Opiyo Ngode. My parents had 8 children (4 boys and 4 girls) but 2 of my brothers died before they attained the age of 30 years. I am married to Eunice and currently we have three children, two of our own and one adopted child. Both the children are boys.
I believed in and accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into my heart as my personal saviour and Lord in August 1989 at a local Africa Inland Church (A.I.C) in my home area called Kibarwa A.I.C. At that time, I was still in High School. God called me into the ministry and in His noble work 15 years ago when I had just finished High School and I had also undergone some theological and Christian trainings. Since then, I have served God as a Missionary in several African Countries, including Kenya and with different Evangelical Christian Ministries and churches at national and regional levels.
Currently, my wife and I are serving God with People For Jesus International Ministries as missionaries among the Maasai Community in Narok District and especially within Narok town and Maasai villages within Narok town and its vicinity. We also do ministry and mission work in other parts of Kenya and the world as God necessitates. Dynamic Empowerment of church members and people of our target areas is vital in our ministry activities.
My personal Christian beliefs, practices and adherences are as follows.
1. I believe that the HOLY BIBLE is Gods final revelation and constitutes our all sufficient rule of faith and practices – II Timothy 3: 16 – 17.
2. I believe in PERSONAL SALVATION by faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ by which sinners are regenerated (born again) through repentance – Romans 5: 12 – 21
3. I believe that God eternally exists in three persons, Father, Son and the Holy Ghost and that these three are but one God – John 1: 18; 15:26; 17:11; Zachariah 14: 9; Matthew 28: 19.
4. I believe in BAPTISM OF MUCH WATER BY IMMERSION as an outward sign of burial to the old nature – Romans 6: 4 and as an act of obedience in fulfilling all righteousness – Matthew 3: 15.
5. I believe that the CHURCH consists of persons who have been regenerated (born again/saved) by the Holy Spirit and made new creatures in Christ Jesus – Ephesians 1: 22 – 23; 2: 22; 1 Peter 1: 23.
6. I believe that ALL HAVE SINNED and come short of the glory of God, and that through the death and risen power of Christ, all who believe in Him can be saved from the penalty and power of sin – Genesis 1: 26 – 31; 3: 1 – 7; Romans 5: 12; 1 Peter 1:23.
7. I believe in the Literal, Personal and Physical second return of our Lord Jesus Christ – 1 Thessalonians 4: 16 – 17; Titus 2: 13; 2 Peter 3: 13.
8. I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost (Being filled with the Holy Ghost) for every believer and in the gifts of the Holy Ghost – Acts 2:4, 38 – 39; 10: 46; 19: 6; 1 Corinthians 12.
9. I believe that Rulers and Governments are ordained by God – Romans 13: 3 – 4.
10. I believe that the church must be economically, socially and in all spheres of life empowered such that there is no lack in the church as an agent of spiritual and divine transformation in the world Acts 4: 33 – 34; Ephesians 2: 10.
11. I believe that Satan/Devil exists to oppose and try to frustrate God’s plans and purposes – 1 John 3:8; 1 Peter 5:8.
12. I believe in the ETERNAL conscious bliss of all true believers in Christ and also in the eternal conscious punishment in the Lake of Fire of all who reject our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ – Revelation 19: 20; 20: 10 –
13. I belive in the FIVE-FOLD MINISTRY of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers; that they must be a part of the church of Jesus Christ – Ephesians 4:11-12
People For Jesus International Ministries (PFJIM) was founded in Narok District by Pastor Tom Opiyo and his wife Eunice in February 2006. Pastor Tom Opiyo is a Missionary who has calling in areas of Church planting, teaching/discipleship, pastoral ministries, church leadership, and evangelism (outreach). I (Pastor Tom) also believe in empowering church members in their different areas of call, giftedness, potential and need so that we have a Christian Community where all serve God without hindrances. PFJIM is a Kenyan indigenous founded church that has church ministries locally, nationally and internationally. Currently, the headquarters is at Narok town within the Republic of Kenya . In Kenya , we work under the affiliation of Mustard Seed Ministries Church run by Apostle James Okech, but we do our operations autonomously. The Narok Church currently has about 100 members and we fellowship within Narok town at a tent, which we use for church activities and programs.
THE VISION OF PFJIM: To make true disciples of Jesus Christ in all the nations and to empower them spiritually, socially, intellectually and economically so that the disciples can declare the glory of God in all the earth.
Narok District is located in the Rift Valley within Kenya and has a population of about 600,000. The population comprises mainly (85 percent) pastoralists called the Maasai people, otherwise called the people of the cattle. The Maasai are the indigenous people here. Narok town is the district headquarters where most facilities can be obtained. The town has a population of about 30,000 people mainly comprising the Maasai tribe. Other tribes are also here for business and farming e.g. Kikuyu, Kisii, Luo, Luhyia, Kamba, Meru e.t.c. The town is growing rapidly but lacks many modern facilities. Farming in large scale e.g. wheat farming, barley, maize, beans is done in Narok District but mainly done by non-natives. The place is generally dry/dusty if there is no rain but green and flooded if it rains. Majority are traditionalists who believe in the Maasai traditional cultures and customs. Christians are the majority religion but born again believers are not many. Other religions present are Islam (which follows after the number of Christians), Hinduism, Cults and Occultism.
Narok is a host to one of the Seven Wonders of the World called Maasai Mara National Park .
The district is mainly bushy and wild with many kinds of wildlife.
Our current target area is Narok town and its adjacent Maasai villages of Bobong’, Kipangas and Olopito. The population in this area is about 40,000 people. There are about 20 protestant evangelical churches with Pentecostal inclination. Other Christian affiliated denominations are about 15.
Narok town and its environs attract many tourists and hence sexual immorality is rampant. One district hospital serves a big population. Water supply from Narok River is polluted and insufficient in town and not available in villages. Education standards are low – (illiteracy rate of about 60% in general but in other villages illiteracy rate is about 85%) due to remoteness and other factors. Many lack daily income due to lack of industries among other factors. Majority Christians not properly discipled because most pastors/church leaders are either working for the government or engaged in other work to generate income. Many church leaders are also not trained or ill-trained. Majorities are unemployed and lack good sources of income.
OUR MISSION – PEOPLE FOR JESUS INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES
1. Penetrate the unreached and marginalized areas of Kenya , Africa and the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. Plant biblically sound churches in Kenya and beyond in which Christians worship God freely in truth and in the spirit.
3. Work with churches, church related programs, and other organizations that share same vision and mission.
4. Mobilize resources for social action in developing needy communities.
5. Mobilize the church for missions and missionary work locally, nationally and internationally.
6. Send called and well trained Christians into service in different areas of call and service.
7. Give financial support to missionaries, ministers and Christian workers/servants.
8. Establish and run academic and theological learning institutions, schools, colleges and universities. Strive to support and sponsor children, students and pupils who are unable to continue with their education for whatever reasons related to lack of funds/lack of educational resources.
9. Establish and run community-based institutions such as health clinics, hospitals, orphanages, widows care/support, e.t.c.
Currently, we need help for those Ninety One needy cases of education. Please help us. All those children, pupils and students have their full details with us including family profile, background, schools they learn, school fees and other necessary deatils you may want. We shall avail all the information you may want in order to help those needy children. Please email for more detailed information on the students and there needs
PASTOR TOM MBOYA OPIYO
P.O. BOX 1008 , Narok, 20500, KENYA , EAST AFRICA
TEL: 254-721-2044 47; 254 727-0251 21; 254-736-574413