PRIMARY OR SECONDARY SCHOOL – Scholarships
- Tanzania Association of Women Leaders in Agriculture and Environment (TAWLAE) is a professional, non-governmental organization to empower women economically and socially. 580 girls primary girls in Kondoa and Iringa. 220 secondary girls from all regions in on the mainland
- Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Zanzibar is a nongovernmental organization created to support women, and girls in particular, acquire education for development. 129 secondary girls. 171 primary girls. FAWE worked with a local selection committee to identify and select scholarship recipients. 75 girls who had dropped out of school were selected as part of a re-entrry program
- Provides support for female students, paying school fees for girls who meet scholastic standards in Katesh, Tanzania.
- Provides educational scholarships to youth in developing countries to advance and grow themselves, contribute to their community and benefit society.
- Develops the future leaders of Tanzania by giving talented local students full scholarships to complete their International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- designed to provide young women in high school with the means to continue their secondary educations. In Zanzibar we work closely with an NGO, The Forum for African Women Educationalist (FAWE – Zanzibar). FAWE administers the funds, monitors the needs of the scholars and facilitates the visit by S4Si delegates. Each summer the group revises the scholarship budget, completes email tutorials to allow us to keep in touch with our scholars, organizes outings for the students and maintains the personal relationships we have built with government officials and head masters.
- Supports young people pursuing vocational training such as carpentry, tailoring, mechanics, masonry, etc. The goal of the program is to alleviate poverty by empowering youth and equipping them with the necessary skills to compete in the job market, reduce unemployment, and support their families.
FOR UNDERGRAD – Scholarships
- EABL Foundation has announced the commencement of this year’s scholarships that will see 20 new students enter private and public universities across East Africa.
- This year EABL Foundation scholarships reach a new milestone with over 120 students educated by the Foundation at a cost of Kshs 110 Million in the past eight years.
- The applications will be open to bright but needy students across the region wishing to study Business, Information Technology, Engineering and Food Science.
- Applications for a place on Strathmore University to study Business, Commerce and Information Technology will close on 22nd June while those wishing to study Engineering or Food Science in the public Universities have until July 25th to apply.
- Students who sat for their KCSE in 2007 and have been invited to join any public universities can apply for the scholarships to public university while those who sat for their exams in 2008 and want to attend private university will be eligible for Strathmore University.
- Given below are details of the Government of India scholarships available to Tanzanian students in India for the academic session beginning June, 2009.
- Africa Day Scholarship. A special Scholarship Scheme to mark Africa Day and instituted in the name of late Dr. Amilcar Cabral. Eight scholarships are available for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral or post-doctoral studies under this scheme.
- General Cultural Scholarship Scheme. Six scholarships are offered for undergraduate, postgraduate or doctoral courses.
- Commonwealth Scholarship/Fellowship Plan. Three scholarships are available for postgraduate studies. Undergraduate studies may be conducted in courses for which adequate facilities are not available in the applicants country. Short duration courses are also available under this scheme for students desiring to collect relevant material for conducting their research back home.
- Through the generosity of Chairman of the Board of Trustees Samuel Hamil Jr., College of the Atlantic is pleased to offer the Great Lakes of Africa Scholarship. This scholarship provides an exemplary and promising student from the Great Lakes Region of Africa with the full financial assistance needed to attend COA. Tuition, room, board, books and health insurance are all covered by the Great Lakes of Africa Scholarship. In addition, there is funding for the student to return home each summer.
- International Scholarship Program for Africa (4). VALUE: $100,000 ($25,000 x 4 years). Must be citizen of an African country. To renew — maintain high academic standing (7.8 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York
- The Africa ADS program provides academic scholarships to undertake Master Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas There website is designed to be a useful tool for you to find out more information about the scholarships eligibility criteria, country specific details, the institutions at which the scholarships can be undertaken, information about Australia and the regions where the institutions are located as well as details on the forum (chat room) and alumni to connect with past and present awardees.
Priority sectors: Public health (Including child & maternal health, HIV/AIDS and public sector management aspects of the sector and Environment (Including water & sanitation)
Number of scholarships available for intake : 12
- seeks to build a new generation of social justice leaders worldwide who come from groups and communities that have traditionally lacked access to higher education, and are selected on the strength of their academic achievement, leadership, skills and social commitment.
- The objective of the scholarship program is to promote democratic, economic and social development through supporting know-how and transfer of knowledge to advanced students within areas in which Sweden is at the forefront of academic research.
- Study in Mexico
- For decades, the Mexican cultural diplomacy has worked in different successful programs, such as the human capital training through scholarships for academic degrees awarding and research work performing in different areas of knowledge.
- Study at 71 different Mexican Universities
Levels of Study
- Undergraduate and graduate programs
- Graduate – research and postdoctoral fellowships
- Master’s degree
- Medical specialties and sub-specialties
- offers three scholarships each year to citizens who wish to pursue studies leading to a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Development Studies in a recognized institution of higher learning in East Africa. Each scholarship covers tuition fees, subsistence allowance, travel, and other related expenses. Successful applicants must study in an institution outside their country of origin.
- This scholarship is awarded jointly with International Students House.
- Amount: Full tuition fee waiver, accommodation at International Students House, living expenses and flights to and from London.
- Eligibility: You must be from Tanzania and hold an offer for a full-time Masters degree at the University.
- Criteria: Academic excellence, development potential and financial need.
- List of other scholarships (undergrad, grad and post-grad) to students from the African Continent.
- Looking for the best scholarships offered for Graduate study. Here’s our TOP 10 list of best choices.
- This TOP 10 list provides a variety of options. When searching for a scholarship start here. This comprehensive list of websites provides the information and resources that you will need to succeed in your search.
- Also see our list of the Best European Graduate Scholarships