Wondering which schools did well in KCSE last year? Check out this list of top 10 schools in KCSE 2018!
- Over the years, the Kenya High School has proved itself to be an institution that provides holistic and quality education to girls. It is also well-known as a centre for educational excellence and training. In 2018, this school, located in Nairobi County, had a mean grade of 67.21 in KCSE 2018.
- Orero Boys is one of newcomers to the list of top 10 schools in KCSE 2018. Located in Homa Bay County, this institution is a boys’ day secondary school that is known for its high standards of discipline. Orero Boys had a mean grade of 67.78 in KCSE.
- Precious Blood Riruta is a public girls’ boarding school in Kawangware, Nairobi County. It was established in 1964 by Catholic nuns from the order of Precious Blood Sisters. In KCSE 2018, this institution, commonly known as PB, had a mean grade of 67.87.
- Kisima Mixed Secondary School offers free secondary school education to children from disadvantaged backgrounds. It is a little-known mixed boarding secondary school in Nyandarua County that came into the spotlight in KCSE 2018 with its excellent mean grade of 68.37.
- Mangu High School is another of the top 10 schools in KCSE 2018. It is a national boys boarding school that was established in 1925, in Kiambu County. In 2018, Mangu High School had a mean grade of 69.11.
- Alliance High School is a national boys’ boarding school located in Kikuyu, Kiambu County. Since 1926, it has provided holistic learning to students from all over Kenya who have been selected based on their academic ability. Alliance High School has always featured in the top 10 schools in KCSE. In 2018, this school attained a mean grade of 69.25.
- Alliance Girls, also called Bush Girls, is a leading national girls’ boarding school in Kikuyu, Kiambu County. It was founded in 1948 as the African Girls’ High School. In KCSE 2018, Alliance Girls had a mean grade of 69.48.
- Moi Tea Girls’ Secondary is another surprise entrant to the top 10 list for 2018. It is a public girls’ boarding school in Kapsuser Location of Kericho County that was start in 1996 by the Kenya Tea Growers Association. The 2018 candidates at this school managed to score a cumulative mean grade of 69.59.
- Moi High School Kabarak in Nakuru County is a private mixed secondary school that was started in 1979 by President Daniel Arap Moi. It is currently rated as the top mixed school in the country. In KCSE 2018, the examination class managed to score a mean grade of 71.12.
- Strathmore School is a private boy’s day high school in Nairobi County. Over the years, this school has featured prominently in the top 10 schools in KCSE. 2018 is no exception, as Strathmore achieved the top position nationally with a cumulative mean grade of 72.28.
the list above, it appears that the top 10 schools in KCSE 2018 had some old
guards and some newcomers. Let’s see what happens in 2019! Best wishes to all
the candidates sitting their KCSE exams at the end of the year!