Turkey – Africa Scholarship Program
- Turkey offers educational opportunities of an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience to students from all over the world.
- Outstanding international students have the opportunity to apply for scholarships to study in the most prestigious universities in the country.
- Turkey Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants are placed in a university and program based on their preferences as specified in the online application form.
- Study in Turkey
Fields of Study
- All undergraduate programs including Islamic studies, medical sciences, and Turkish language and literature are offered.
What does the scholarship cover?
- A monthly allowance of 700 Turkish Lira
- Accommodation in public university dorms without paying any fees
- A tuition/university fee exemption
- Health expenses are covered by the public health insurance
- A one-year Turkish language course (if there is no proof of proficiency)
- A one-off flight ticket. If the student purchases the ticket, he/she will be reimbursed
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
Angola Benin Botswana Burkina Faso
Burundi Algeria Djibouti Chad
Ethiopia Morocco Ivory Coast Ghana
Kenya South Africa Union of Comoros Congo
DRC Congo Libya Madagascar Mali
Niger Nigeria Central African Republic Senegal
Somalia Tanzania Tunisia Uganda
Equatorial Guinea Gabon Gambia Guinea
Guinea Bissau Cameroon Lesotho Liberia
Malawi Mauritius Mauritania Mozambique
Namibia Seychelles Sierra Leone Swaziland
Togo Zambia Zimbabwe Egypt
Sudan South Sudan Eritrea Cape Verde
Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Principe
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible for Undergraduate Programs, the applicant must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or having ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply)
- Not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying,
- Have graduated or likely to graduate from a secondary education institution
- Born no earlier than 01.01.1997 for undergraduate programs (not older than 21)
- Have at least specified (90% for medical sciences, 70% for other undergraduate programs) cumulative grade point average, diploma grade, national exam or international exam score, i.e., a particular academic score for each program
- Be in good health
- Students who are currently studying in Turkey cannot apply for a scholarship for the level at which they are now studying
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this program
- Students can only apply for one scholarship program at a time, according to their academic goals and educational background
- These scholarships are open to candidates from all the countries listed above, as long as they meet the above conditions
- Short-term scholarship programs may have additional application requirements
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- The application to Turkey Scholarships programmers is an onlineand free process, and is done via the Turkish Government Scholarships website.
- Applications delivered by hand or post will not be evaluated.
Candidates are expected to:
- Open the online application system
- Create a user account by entering their e-mail address and password
- Log into the system and complete the application form
- Upload the requested documents to the system. Applications without the required documents will not be evaluated. Candidates must also include documents confirming their SAT, TOEFL, DELF, or YDS scores.
- 1st Round: 30 Nov 2017
- 2nd Round: 5 March 2018
- 3rd Round: 14 May 2018
How Do I Get More Information?
- Free Scholarships
- Most Recent Scholarships – http://serveafrica.info/category/scholarships
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum