- Turkey offers educational opportunities of an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience to students from all over the world.
- Outstanding international students have the opportunity to apply for scholarships to study in the most prestigious universities in the country.
- Turkey Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants are placed in a university and program based on their preferences as specified in the online application form.
- Study in Turkey
Fields of Study
- These scholarships are open to individuals who want to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level.
- Candidates may only apply to universities and departments available to them in the application system. The choice of department and university is usually dependent on the educational background of the candidate.
- All applicants who are selected for this scholarship must take a one-year Turkish language course (covered by the scholarship).
What does the scholarship cover?
- A monthly allowance of 950 Turkish Lira for Master’s students
- A monthly allowance of 1400 Turkish Lira for PhD students
- Accommodation in public university dorms without paying any fees
- A tuition/university fee exemption
- Health expenses are covered by the public health insurance
- A one-year Turkish language course (if there is no proof of proficiency)
- A one-off flight ticket. If the student purchases the ticket, he/she will be reimbursed
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
Angola Argentina Australia Botswana
Brazil South Africa Kenya Colombia
Costa Rica Malaysia Mauritius Mozambique
Namibia Paraguay Peru Rwanda
Singapore Chile Thailand Uganda
Uruguay New Zealand Zambia Zimbabwe
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible for Postgraduate Programs, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (anyone holding or having ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply)
- Not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying.
- Be a bachelor’s or master’s degree holder by 30th of July 2017 at the latest
- Born no earlier than 01.01.1988 for master’s programs (30 years of age)
- Born no earlier than 01.01.1983 for doctorate programs (35 years of age)
- Have at least 75 % cumulative grade point average or diploma grade over their maximum graduation grade or have at least 75 % success in any accepted national or international graduate admissions test.
- Have graduated or likely to graduate from an educational institution equivalent to that of Turkey’s at their present academic level
- Be in good health
- Students who are currently studying in Turkey cannot apply for a scholarship for the level at which they are now studying
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this program
- Students can only apply for one scholarship program at a time, according to their academic goals and educational background
- These scholarships are open to candidates from all the countries listed above, as long as they meet the above conditions
- Short-term scholarship programs may have additional application requirements
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- The application to Turkey Scholarships programmers is an online and free process, and is done via the Turkish Government Scholarships website.
- Applications delivered by hand or post will not be evaluated.
Candidates are expected to:
- Open the online application system
- Create a user account by entering their e-mail address and password
- Log into the system and complete the application form
- Upload the requested documents to the system. Applications without the required documents will not be evaluated. Candidates must also include documents confirming their TOEFL, DELF, or YDS scores.
- 1st Round: 30 Nov 2017
- 2nd Round: 5 March 2018
- 3rd Round: 14 May 2018
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships
- Most Recent Scholarships – http://serveafrica.info/category/scholarships
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum