Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries for Grad Students
- The Africa ADS program provides academic scholarships to undertake Master Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas There website is designed to be a useful tool for you to find out more information about the scholarships eligibility criteria, country specific details, the institutions at which the scholarships can be undertaken, information about Australia and the regions where the institutions are located as well as details on the forum (chat room) and alumni to connect with past and present awardees.
- Priority sectors: Health (including child & maternal health, HIV/AIDS and public sector management aspects of the sector), Education, International Trade and Relations and Governance and Public Policy
- Number of scholarships available for 2009 intake : 12
- Provides scholarships only for PhD and Master studies in Uganda. The scholarship program does not finance studies leading to a Bachelor Degree or diploma courses.
- All scholarships (Masters, PhD) must be directly related to the sectors and the themes of the Belgian Development Cooperation. These are: (i) public health, (ii) education and training, (iii) agriculture and food security, (iv) basic infrastructures (water, irrigation, secondary roads, rural electrification, etc.), (v) conflict prevention and peace building, (vi) equal promotion of men and women, (vii) protection of the environment, (viii) promotion of social economy.
- Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP)
- Many of the Dutch educational institutes offer international study-programmes and courses, most of them conducted in English. Annually more than 5000 foreign students enroll in the 600 international courses. The curricula are intensive, at an advanced level, practically oriented and designed to meet the high expectations of students seeking specialized knowledge and skills. The courses alternate theory with practice in real or simulated situations. The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) offer possibilities of scholarships, called fellowships.
- Only Ugandan professionals who are holders of a bachelor’s degree of a recognized university and who have at least 2 years of appropriate working experience after graduation are eligible.
- seeks to build a new generation of social justice leaders worldwide who come from groups and communities that have traditionally lacked access to higher education, and are selected on the strength of their academic achievement, leadership, skills and social commitment.
- The objective of the scholarship program is to promote democratic, economic and social development through supporting know-how and transfer of knowledge to advanced students within areas in which Sweden is at the forefront of academic research.
- is addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
- offers three scholarships each year to citizens who wish to pursue studies leading to a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Development Studies in a recognized institution of higher learning in East Africa. Each scholarship covers tuition fees, subsistence allowance, travel, and other related expenses. Successful applicants must study in an institution outside their country of origin.
- Sponsors refugees or internally displaced people to study for postgraduate qualifications at universities in Britain. These students arrive in the UK from some of the most basic of conditions in refugee camps. Competition and demand for sponsorship is high.
POSTGRADUATE – FELLOWSHIPS
- seeks to revitalize the humanities in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda through fellowship competitions and meetings associated with them. The AHP is funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
- This TOP 10 list provides a variety of options. When searching for a scholarship start here. This comprehensive list of websites provides the information and resources that you will need to succeed in your search.
- Also see our list of the Best European Graduate Scholarships