FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
Awards and Bursaries
- Study at Ashesi University
- a coeducational institution whose goal is to educate leaders of exceptional integrity and professional ability.
- By raising the bar for higher education we aim to make a significant contribution towards a renaissance.
- The university, which began instruction in March 2002 with a pioneer class of 30 students, has quickly gained a reputation for innovation and quality education.
- Ashesi is the first university to adopt and blend the Liberal Arts method of education with majors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems and Business Administration.
- The university is an independent, private, not-for-profit institution.
- Thanks to a $13 million partnership with The MasterCard Foundation in Canada,
- Ashesi will be awarding significant financial support to qualified students who need such assistance.
- Through Ashesi’s generous Scholarship Program, we make a great education available to those who otherwise could not afford it.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Students who win scholarships will be eligible for full or partial financial support to cover: their:
- tuition fees,
- text books,
- housing, and
- laptops each year.
- priority campus job
- EABL Foundation has announced the commencement of this year’s scholarships that will see 20 new students enter private and public universities across East Africa.
- This year EABL Foundation scholarships reach a new milestone with over 120 students educated by the Foundation at a cost of Kshs 110 Million in the past eight years.
- The applications will be open to bright but needy students across the region wishing to study Business, Information Technology, Engineering and Food Science.
- Applications for a place on Strathmore University to study Business, Commerce and Information Technology will close on 22nd June while those wishing to study Engineering or Food Science in the public Universities have until July 25th to apply.
- Students who sat for their KCSE in 2007 and have been invited to join any public universities can apply for the scholarships to public university while those who sat for their exams in 2008 and want to attend private university will be eligible for Strathmore University.
- Through the generosity of Chairman of the Board of Trustees Samuel Hamil Jr., College of the Atlantic is pleased to offer the Great Lakes of Africa Scholarship. This scholarship provides an exemplary and promising student from the Great Lakes Region of Africa with the full financial assistance needed to attend COA. Tuition, room, board, books and health insurance are all covered by the Great Lakes of Africa Scholarship. In addition, there is funding for the student to return home each summer.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees only from second year to completion for undergraduates; and, for the entire programme of study for graduate students from the time of application/award.
- Undergraduate students, who have completed first year of studies at a Ugandan University; and, graduate applicants who have been either admitted and/or registered for graduate programmes (in any of the disciplines above), are eligible to apply.
- Students with CGPA Lower then 2.2 and/or having a retake in any subject in the First Year of study are not eligible to apply.
- Students already on sponsorship from elsewhere are not eligible to apply.
- refugees are supported at universities in Uganda with funding from the German Government. The Trust also manages a number of scholarships each year for donors, including Caritas, DFID and St Michael’s College, USA.
- International Scholarship Program for Africa (4). VALUE: $100,000 ($25,000 x 4 years). Must be citizen of an African country. To renew — maintain high academic standing (7.8 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York