Top 10 Secondary Schools (Ghana)
1. Accra Academy
- On a gentle hill to the north as one enters Accra by the Kaneshie-Mallam, a tall white tower beshadows the campus of Accra Academy.
- As Adisadel College looks towards it’s 100th birthday in 2010 it is worth noting that this institution has not only made itself felt but actually contributed its share to the development and progress of the nation in diverse ways.
- Over the years, the School has turned out into the world a steady stream of keen, capable young men, filled with enthusiasm and dedicated to the service of the country and of mankind – men who have contributed and continue to contribute their quota to the enrichment of the life of the nation, in practically all fields of human endeavour. This can be attributed to the life-long preparations given to it’s students through education.
- Holy Child School was founded in 1946 by the Sisters of the Holy Child Jesus when they were invited by His Grace Archbishop Porter SMA to undertake the Secondary School Education for girls.
- The school which turns 60 next year, aims at providing girls with the type of education that will enable each student make full use of her natural gifts and talents. The school therefore offers a wide choice of subjects both academic and vocational. The spiritual and moral training is provided to the girls giving them a strong faith and sound principles leading to the development of a well balanced personality. Girls graduating from the school are able to partake in all aspects of our social life and provide invaluable service to society and to Ghana at large.
- A warm welcome to Ghana International School – a school with over 50 years of experience! Our students come from over 56 countries, they pursue both academic excellence and personal development which will enable them to take a leading role in an ever-changing world.
- We are proud of our school community, which offers an excellent teaching and learning environment. Students and staff work together in a warm, friendly environment demonstrating an exceptional display of dedication and harmony by living through our school motto of ‘understanding of each other.’
- This is Mfantsipim, the school whose history spells the very history of Ghana, especially in the area of the development of Secondary Education and the decolonization of Ghana.
6. Wesley Girls High School (Wey Gey Hey)
- a prestigious educational institution for girls, was named after the founder of Methodism, John Wesley. The school was established in 1836 with 25 girls by the wife of a Methodist Minister. It started as a primary school with the aim of offering girls proper training in reading and writing, sewing and house-keeping and more especially in moral and spiritual development. In spite of its staggered history of collapse and revival, the school survived and graduated into a secondary institution. From such humble beginnings, the school is now one of the leading schools in the country.
7. Achimota Secondary School (Motown)
- Formerly Prince of Wales College and School.
- is an elite and highly selective co-educational secondary school located at Achimota in Accra, Ghana.
8. Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School
- (popularly referred to as PRESEC) was founded in 1938. It was originally located at Odumase – Krobo in the Eastern Region of Ghana. It was started as a secondary school for boys by the Presbyterian Church of Ghana.
- In 1997, the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations conducted by the West Africa Examinations Council, Aggrey Memorial Zion Secondary School was one of the schools honoured by the Council for academic excellence. The school produced the best Agricultural Science Student in this examination.
- The school was founded in 1930 initially to train teachers. It is now a senior secondary school. There are about 1500 boys, aged between 12 and 19 years. It has 60 full-time and 6 part-time teachers along with about 80 non-teaching staff. The headmaster and his two assistants have direct oversight of the school’s administration.
View the rankings and Vote results from previous years:
- Vote Results from 2011 – CLICK Here
- Vote Results from 2012 – CLICK Here
- Vote Results from 2013 – Click Here
- Vote Results from 2014 – CLICK HERE
- Vote NOW for 2015 – CLICK HERE
Submit a NOTABLE ADVANCEMENT for a school – CLICK HERE
List of FREE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS – CLICK HERE
- Canadian Universities offer a world class education and generous scholarships to international students. Here’s our list of the best opportunities.
- Numerous US Universities offer scholarships for international students. We list only the best opportunities here.
- We’ve examined scholarship opportunities from 100’s of schools and only these make our TOP 10 list.