Top 10 Secondary Schools in Ghana
We are pleased to announce our Top 10 Secondary Schools in Ghana for 2011. This years list remains similar to last years in many ways with PRESEC and Accra Academy maintaining the number one and two rankings respectively. Great work.
This year will welcome two new schools to our top 10, they are Achimota and Mfantsipim Secondary School.
Readers will also note the addition of an honorable mention section. This nine schools, although not making the official top ten list are deserving of mention for their strong performance. We are pleased to include Kumasi Anglican and T.I Ahymadiyya, along with the seven others, to the list and commend them all for good years.
Each of these 19 schools are now included in our online Poll. VOTE NOW. This poll helps us assess public perception surrounding a school. You can vote for your school by following the link below. Students from St. Thomas Aquinas deserve mention for their passion and voting in last years results. Results.
Also we have added a link where viewers can understand better how the rankings are developed and where readers can submit information or updates on a school notable achievements. This data will be included in help compile next years rankings. Please submit and verify your schools advancements over the next year. Submit a NOTABLE ADVANCEMENT for a school – CLICK HERE
Here are the Rankings
Schools deserving Honorable Mention:
- Pope John Senior High School
- St. Thomas Aquinas
- Holy Child Catholic Secondary School (Holico)
- Kumasi Anglican Secondary School (Kass)
- Winneba Senior High School (Winnesec)
- Aburi Girls Secondary School (Abugiss)
- T.I Ahymadiyya School – Kumasi (Amass)
- Bishop Herman College (Biheco)
- St Louis Senior High School
TOP 10 Secondary School in Ghana
10. Achimota School
- (formerly Prince of Wales College and School, Achimota, now nicknamed Motown), is an elite and highly selective co-educational secondary school located at Achimota in Accra, Ghana.
9. St. Peter’s Secondary School, Nkwatia (PERSCO)
- P.O.Box 17 Nkwatia – Eastern Region, Ghana
- This is Mfantsipim, the school whose history spells the very history of Ghana, especially in the area of the development of Secondary Education and the decolonization of Ghana.
- a prestigious educational institution for girls, was named after the founder of Methodism, John Wesley. The school was established in 1836 with 25 girls by the wife of a Methodist Minister. It started as a primary school with the aim of offering girls proper training in reading and writing, sewing and house-keeping and more especially in moral and spiritual development. In spite of its staggered history of collapse and revival, the school survived and graduated into a secondary institution. From such humble beginnings, the school is now one of the leading schools in the country.
- The school was founded in 1930 initially to train teachers. It is now a senior secondary school. There are about 1500 boys, aged between 12 and 19 years. It has 60 full-time and 6 part-time teachers along with about 80 non-teaching staff. The headmaster and his two assistants have direct oversight of the school’s administration.
- It is a boys school with a population of about1300 students. The school has accommodation facilities for almost all the students. The students age ranges between 14 to 18 years. The school is highly competitive in the current upward trend of the country. It is well known for producing some of the brightest students and has a firm alumni base. (Quote from school website)
- P. O. Box 849, Kumasi- Ghana. Tel: 233-51-23812 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prempeh College, the Asante Royal Boarding School for Boys of all ethnic backgrounds is the Kings College of Ghana. Founded in 1949 by Asantehene Sir Osei Agyemang Prempeh II, it is located in a surburb of Kumasi (the Ashanti Regional capital) called Sofoline.
- The mission of Prempeh College is to serve the community, the nation, and the world by educating and preparing students to discharge the offices of life with usefulness and reputation. We do this through a partnership of students and teachers in a unified community known as a college.
- As Adisadel College looks towards it’s 100th birthday in 2010 it is worth noting that this institution has not only made itself felt but actually contributed its share to the development and progress of the nation in diverse ways.
- Over the years, the School has turned out into the world a steady stream of keen, capable young men, filled with enthusiasm and dedicated to the service of the country and of mankind – men who have contributed and continue to contribute their quota to the enrichment of the life of the nation, in practically all fields of human endeavour. This can be attributed to the life-long preparations given to it’s students through education.
- On a gentle hill to the north as one enters Accra by the Kaneshie-Mallam, a tall white tower beshadows the campus of Accra Academy.
- founded in 1938. It was originally located at Odumase – Krobo in the Eastern Region of Ghana. It was started as a secondary school for boys by the Presbyterian Church of Ghana.
View the rankings and Vote results from previous years:
- Vote Results from 2011 – CLICK Here
- Vote Results from 2012 – CLICK Here
- Vote Results from 2013 – Click Here
- Vote Results from 2014 – CLICK HERE
- Vote NOW for 2015 – CLICK HERE
Submit a NOTABLE ADVANCEMENT for a school – CLICK HERE
- Canadian Universities offer a world class education and generous scholarships to international students. Here’s our list of the best opportunities.
- Numerous US Universities offer scholarships for international students. We list only the best opportunities here.
- We’ve examined scholarship opportunities from 100’s of schools and only these make our TOP 10 list.
List of FREE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS – CLICK HERE