Top 10 Secondary Schools in Ghana
We are pleased to announce our Top 10 Secondary Schools in Ghana.
Some major changes to this years rankings. This year we were able to include Student Satisfaction Survey which means that actual student opinion play a significant role in our rankings. As you can see students from Thomas Aquinas love there school and this helped propel them to the number one stop.
This year will welcome a new schools to our top 10 – Pope John Senior High School – Pojoss. Well done. Many of the other schools remain in the top 10 but the ranking order has changed this year.
Readers should also note the honorable mention section. These ten schools, although not making the official top ten list are deserving of mention for their strong performance. We are pleased to include Okuapemman Senior High School and Koforidua Secondary Technical School – KSTS. Both these schools did exceptionally well on the Student Satisfaction survey. They are included along with the 8 others to the list and we commend them all for good years.
Each of these 20 schools are now included in our online Poll. VOTE NOW. This poll helps us assess public perception surrounding a school. You can vote for your school by following the link below. Students from St. Thomas Aquinas deserve mention for their passion and voting in last years results. Results from 2012.
Also we have added a link where viewers can understand better how the rankings are developed and where readers can submit information or updates on a school notable achievements. This data will be included in help compile next years rankings. Please submit and verify your schools advancements over the next year. Submit a NOTABLE ADVANCEMENT for a school – CLICK HERE
Here are the Rankings
Schools deserving Honorable Mention:
- Prempeh College
- Kumasi Anglican Secondary School (Kass)
- Wesley Girls’ High School (Wey Gey Hey)
- Bishop Herman College (Biheco)
- T.I Ahymadiyya School – Kumasi (Amass)
- Okuapemman Senior High school – Okuas
- Koforidua Secondary Technical School – KSTS
- Odorgonno Senior High School
- St. James Seminary Senior High
- Aggrey Memorial A.M.E. Zion Senior High School
TOP 10 Secondary School in Ghana
10. Pope John Senior High School – Pojoss
- One of the best Senior Secondary Schools in Ghana. We aim at developing the 3H – Head, through teaching; Heart through worship and Hand, through hard work.
9. St. Peter’s Secondary School, Nkwatia (PERSCO)
- P.O.Box 17 Nkwatia – Eastern Region, Ghana
- The school was founded in 1930 initially to train teachers. It is now a senior secondary school. There are about 1500 boys, aged between 12 and 19 years. It has 60 full-time and 6 part-time teachers along with about 80 non-teaching staff. The headmaster and his two assistants have direct oversight of the school’s administration.
- (formerly Prince of Wales College and School, Achimota, now nicknamed Motown), is an elite and highly selective co-educational secondary school located at Achimota in Accra, Ghana.
- This is Mfantsipim, the school whose history spells the very history of Ghana, especially in the area of the development of Secondary Education and the decolonization of Ghana.
- It is a boys school with a population of about1300 students. The school has accommodation facilities for almost all the students. The students age ranges between 14 to 18 years. The school is highly competitive in the current upward trend of the country. It is well known for producing some of the brightest students and has a firm alumni base. (Quote from school website).
- On a gentle hill to the north as one enters Accra by the Kaneshie-Mallam, a tall white tower beshadows the campus of Accra Academy.
- As Adisadel College looks towards it’s 100th birthday in 2010 it is worth noting that this institution has not only made itself felt but actually contributed its share to the development and progress of the nation in diverse ways.
- Over the years, the School has turned out into the world a steady stream of keen, capable young men, filled with enthusiasm and dedicated to the service of the country and of mankind – men who have contributed and continue to contribute their quota to the enrichment of the life of the nation, in practically all fields of human endeavour. This can be attributed to the life-long preparations given to it’s students through education.
- founded in 1938. It was originally located at Odumase – Krobo in the Eastern Region of Ghana. It was started as a secondary school for boys by the Presbyterian Church of Ghana.
- Aquinas senior high school was established on 15 January, 1952 at Osu Anahor a suburb of Accra Ghana.
View the rankings and Vote results from previous years:
- Vote Results from 2011 – CLICK Here
- Vote Results from 2012 – CLICK Here
- Vote Results from 2013 – Click Here
- Vote Results from 2014 – CLICK HERE
- Vote NOW for 2015 – CLICK HERE
Submit a NOTABLE ADVANCEMENT for a school – CLICK HERE
- Canadian Universities offer a world class education and generous scholarships to international students. Here’s our list of the best opportunities.
- Numerous US Universities offer scholarships for international students. We list only the best opportunities here.
- We’ve examined scholarship opportunities from 100’s of schools and only these make our TOP 10 list.
List of FREE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS – CLICK HERE