We are pleased to announce our Top 10 Secondary Schools in Zimbabwe. Six schools have remained on this years list with St. John‘s and St. George‘s still ranking in the first two position – this year St. George finished first. Great work.
This year will welcome four new schools to our top 10, they are Christian Brothers College, Girls College, Lomagundi College and Falcon College. Falcon in particular gets credit for moving into the third position – well done.
Readers will also note the addition of an honorable mention section. These 8 schools, although not making the official top ten list are deserving of mention for their strong performance. We are pleased to include St. Francis Xavier’s Kutama College and Heritage School, along with the six others, to the list and commend them all for good years.
Each of these 18 schools are now included in our online Poll. VOTE NOW . This poll helps us assess public perception surrounding a school. You can vote for your school by following the link below.
Also we have added a link where viewers can understand better how the rankings are developed and where readers can submit information or updates on a school notable achievements. This data will be included to help compile next years rankings. Please submit and verify your schools advancements over the next year. Submit a NOTABLE ADVANCEMENT for a school – CLICK HERE
Here are the Rankings
Schools Receiving Honorable Mention
- Harare International School
- Heritage School
- Hillcrest School
- Petra High School
- Prince Edward School
- St. Francis Xavier’s Kutama College
- St. Ignatius College
- Watershed College
- The College follows syllabuses leading to ‘O’ Level in Form 4 and ‘A’ Level in Upper Sixth.
- The College policy is to endeavor to restrict classes to a manageable size.
- A comprehensive range of subjects is offered to pupils with various subject options.
- is an all-female high school located in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. Founded in 1983, the high school has come a long way in a relatively short period of time, and continues to produce graduates of the highest possible standard. Indeed, as our slogan states: “Moulding women for the modern world”
- is the oldest established school in Harare. It was founded in 1892 by Mother Patrick, an Irish nun, with 10 pupils. Originally the school was co-educational, but after ten years, a separate school, Hartmann House, was established for boys.
- We are a small English speaking, Christian school, the only rural, independent, co-educational boarding school for both junior and senior pupils in Zimbabwe; a community, grounded in the real world. Close enough to Harare to benefit from cultural and sporting interactions, yet removed from the distractions and temptations of the cities.
- “Tabatana” is the motto of Lomagundi College. We live by it. It means Togetherness. The little ones live in a loving ones supportive atmosphere, while the older students learn to respect and understand each other, working, socialising and eating together but obviously living in separate houses.
- Age range: 12 – 18
- Day pupils: 550 girls
- TOTAL PUPILS: 550 girls
- Staff numbers: 45 full time
- Teaching languages: English
- Founded in 1955 as an independent, Anglican boarding school for boys aged 12 to 18, it has now expanded to include two other schools as well: a co-educational preparatory school, Springvale House and Peterhouse Girls’ School. The schools are controlled by a Board of Governors who include: Dr N A F Williams (Patron), Mr J D Carter ( Chairman, ex Chairman of Barclays Bank, Zimbabwe) Senior Minister, the Hon Didymus Mutasa, and others. The schools occupy a 3 000 acre site straddling the main Harare-Mutare road, 85 kilometres south-east of Harare; 700 acres of this form our game park, Gosho Park.
- There are 480 boys (all boarders) at Peterhouse, and across the road we now have two associated schools: Springvale House is a 220 strong Preparatory School for boys and girls (weekly boarders and day scholars), Peterhouse Girls’ has 290 pupils (almost all of whom are boarders) Post-O Level girls come over to Peterhouse for lessons.
- The school is founded on Christian principles with a philosophy embodied in the lines from the school song “to be brave and strong and true and to fill with the world with love my whole life through”.
- We are proud of the atmosphere of caring and concern for others for which the school is known. It is hoped that each member of the school community will develop a sense of belonging while being accepted and valued as an individual.
- Our vision is to create a balanced multiracial society for a broad cross-section of National and International students. Falcon offers leadership, discipline, first class education and the opportunity for every boy to develop to the best of his potential. The College endeavours to instil strong moral, ethical, Christian values via a broad range of activities – academic, sporting and cultural – with a bias towards the outdoors.
- is a leading independent secondary school in Zimbabwe. The College admits boys from the age of 12 to 18 and has a limited number of sixth form places for girls in the International Baccalaureate programme.
- a private Catholic boys school (Form One to Upper Six) based in Harare, Zimbabwe. It is arguably the oldest formal school established in Zimbabwe..The school is a boys school, whereby young adolescents enter-’Salvete’ and leave the college -’Valete’ as young men; Boys To Men. In the 1990’s, for Physic Science, young women of high intellect, from the Dominican Convent, were enrolled for the senior years (Lower Six & Upper Six). The school is presently located in the Capital City, Harare on Hartmann Hill, in the leafy suburb of Borrowdale
- It is a very competitive School for one to enter,as an entrance examination has to be taken to enter Form One, and Lower Sixth Form.Students coming from Hartmann House are exempt from these exams as they automatically enter Saints.
View the rankings and Vote results from previous years:
Submit a NOTABLE ADVANCEMENT for a school – CLICK HERE
List of FREE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS – CLICK HERE
- Canadian Universities offer a world class education and generous scholarships to international students. Here’s our list of the best opportunities.
- Numerous US Universities offer scholarships for international students. We list only the best opportunities here.
- We’ve examined scholarship opportunities from 100’s of schools and only these make our TOP 10 list.