Bible school scholarships are a great way to get help with funding for students in Bible school. There are lots of scholarships available, and all one has to know is how to land a good one. Below are 10 ways to get a Bible School Scholarship in Kenya.
1. Do your research
- The first place to look is on scholarship sites, where you can find a variety of Bible school scholarships. Next, check on the websites of the Bible schools that you know, as some of them may be offering scholarships. Lastly, ensure that the source of your scholarship information is genuine.
2. Know what you want to study, and where you want to study
- As you think about how to get a Bible school scholarship in Kenya, think also about what you want to study, so that you can narrow down your search. Courses at Bible school are varied, (theology, divinity, etc.) so you need to know exactly what you want to pursue, and which Bible schools offer that course.
3. Take note of the application timeline
- The next thing to consider regarding 10 ways to get a Bible school scholarship in Kenya is the application timeline for the scholarship. As soon as you find a scholarship, note the closing date for applications so that you do not miss the deadline. Knowing the deadline will also help you work on your application slowly and carefully, and to send it in early rather than late.
4. Find out what the scholarship covers
- Once you have selected the scholarship you want to apply for, find out if it is a full scholarship or if it only covers tuition, and how long it lasts. If the scholarship does not cover everything, you may need to look for additional funds to cover your accommodation, food, and other living expenses.
5. Note any award restrictions
- Scholarships usually have all kinds of restrictions attached to them. For instance, a scholarship may only be for women or refugees. Before you apply for a scholarship, therefore, read through carefully so that you avoid the disappointment of not receiving a scholarship that initially did not apply to you.
6. Only apply for scholarships you qualify for
- As soon as you identify a scholarship, look through the eligibility requirements keenly, and compare them with your qualifications. For example, most master’s scholarships require that the applicant has a bachelor’s degree. Make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements before you apply for the scholarship.
7. Have a financial fall back plan
- Next on the 10 ways to get a Bible school scholarship in Kenya is having a financial fallback plan. If your scholarship only lasts a year, for example, and your course lasts 3 years, you will need to figure out where to get the money to fund the remaining years of study. Some scholarships are also renewable based on the availability of funds, and others are based on academic performance. If you happen to get such a scholarship, have a fallback plan in place in case you need to fund part or all of the remaining portion of your studies. Also, note that you may need to pay application fees for admission to the Bible school.
8. Prepare yourself thoroughly
- After you select the scholarship you want to apply for, get all your documents in order. These include academic certificates, certificates of participation in extracurricular activities, proof of leadership ability, recommendation letters, etc. You will also need to learn how to write a good essay for your application, and be prepared for a possible oral interview (if required by the Bible school).
9. Get support from your church
- Did any of your pastors get a Bible school scholarship? You can ask them how and where they got their scholarships, or ask them if they have any leads as to where you can get a scholarship. You can also ask your pastor for a recommendation letter stating how you have served in the church, and in which departments you have been most useful.
10. Follow the application instructions carefully
- Lastly, be sure to follow all the application instructions to the letter. If the application requires that your documents be sent in triplicate, do so. If the application for the scholarship requires that you secure admission in the Bible school first, have your admission confirmed first. Also, follow the sending instructions carefully so that your application does not get lost in the mail or disappear into the wrong inbox.
Now that you know 10 ways to get a Bible school scholarship in Kenya, the next thing is to prayerfully start the process of searching and applying. Do not forget to seek God’s guidance for every step you take. All the best!