It’s that time of the year when everyone is scrambling for a place in secondary school! Are you also looking for a good secondary school? Check out this list of top secondary schools in Nairobi County!
Girls’ Schools in Nairobi County
- Moi Girls’ School Nairobi is an extra county school for girls located on Joseph Kang’ethe Road, North Nairobi, Kenya.
- This school aims to produce individuals who are morally sound and academically successful.
4. Precious Blood Riruta
- Precious Blood Riruta is one of the top secondary schools in Nairobi County. This public girls’ boarding school is supported by the Precious Blood Sisters.
- This school is located in Kawangware in Nairobi County.
- Kianda School, located on Kabarsiran Avenue off Waiyaki Way in Nairobi, provides Christian-based education to its students.
- This private secondary school for girls has consistently produced good results in the KCSE examinations over the years.
2. Pangani Girls High School
- Pangani Girls High School is a public national girls’ school that aims to inspire its students to live their lives with truth and excellence.
- This school is located on Juja Road in Starehe Constituency in Nairobi County.
- The Kenya High School is one of the leading girls’ secondary schools in Kenya. Students at this school are exposed to holistic, high-quality education at this centre of educational excellence.
- This national public boarding school is located in Kileleshwa, Nairobi County, and is always a popular choice with girls doing their KCPE examinations.
Boys’ Schools in Nairobi County
- Moi Forces Academy is a public national school for boys located in Kamukunji Constituency in Nairobi County.
- This school was initially set up as a school for children of members of the armed forces. Currently, it admits a small percentage of children from civilian families.
- This boarding secondary school for boys is well-known for being a centre of quality training.
4. Lenana School
- Lenana School, another of the top secondary schools in Nairobi County, is a public national boys’ boarding school.
- This school is located off Ngong Road after Ngong Racecourse, next to the National Beekeeping Station.
- Nairobi School is one of the well-known public national boys’ secondary schools in Nairobi County. Students at this school are trained to excel academically, morally, and spiritually.
- Nairobi School is located on Waiyaki Way, 17 kilometers from the Nairobi City Centre.
- Strathmore School is a private boys’ school located on Mzima Springs Road in Lavington, Nairobi. This school is run by the Strathmore Educational Trust.
- At this school, students receive Christian-based education that prepares them to make wise choices in the future.
- This day school has consistently produced good results in the KCSE examinations over the years.
- Starehe Boys’ Centre is a public national boys’ boarding school that caters for academically talented and needy boys. The school admits fee–paying boys (30% of the total population) and needy boys (70% of the total population).
- This school is located on General Waruinge Street in Nairobi.
Anyone who gets a place at any of these top secondary schools in Nairobi County is guaranteed a good education!