- Turkish Government Scholarships are government-funded scholarships awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue full-time or short-term programs in Turkish Universities.
- Turkey offers international students the opportunity to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
- Outstanding international students can apply for scholarships to study in the most prestigious universities in the country.
- Turkish Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants are placed in a university and program based on their preferences as specified in the online application form.
- Study in Turkey at any of the 50 most prestigious universities
Fields of Study
- All undergraduate programs including Islamic studies, medical sciences, and Turkish language and literature are offered.
What does the scholarship cover?
- A monthly allowance of 800 Turkish Lira
- University and program placement
- Tuition Fees
- Health insurance
- A one-year Turkish language course (if there is no proof of proficiency)
- One-off return flight ticket
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- International students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible for Undergraduate Programs, the applicant must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or having ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply). Dual citizens who hold Turkish and any other country’s nationality may not apply.
- Not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying
- Have attained a specified cumulative grade point average, diploma grade, national exam, or international exam score, i.e., an academic score for each program (90% for medical sciences, 70% for other undergraduate programs)
- Have graduated or likely to graduate from a secondary education institution
- Be under the age of 21
- Undergraduate candidates should have an acceptable level of high school education, equivalent to the high schools in Turkey.
- Born no earlier than 01.01.1998 for undergraduate programs (not older than 21)
- Be in good health
- Candidates should not be infected with a contagious disease (HIV, Hepatitis-C, etc.) or have a disease preventing his/her education in Turkey.
- Students who are currently studying in Turkey cannot apply for a scholarship for the level at which they are now studying
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this program
- Students can only apply for one scholarship program at a time, according to their academic goals and educational background
- These scholarships are open to candidates from any country, provided they meet the above conditions
- Short-term scholarship programs may have additional application requirements
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- The application to Turkey Scholarships programmers is an online and free process and is done via the Turkish Government Scholarships website.
- Applications delivered by hand or post will not be evaluated.
Candidates are expected to:
- Open the online application system
- Create a user account by entering their e-mail address and password
- Log into the system and complete the application form
- Upload the requested documents to the system. Applications without the required documents will not be evaluated. Candidates must also include documents confirming their SAT, TOEFL, DELF, or YDS scores.
- Online application
- A copy of a valid ID card – passport, or national ID card.
- A recent passport photo
- Certified high school diploma or temporary certificate of graduation
- National exam scores (for applicants who have no international qualification or certification
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, YDS, YOS, DELF, depending on the university and program of choice
- Academic transcripts
- Language test scores (if required by the university and program)
- February 20, 2021
How Do I Get More Information?