FOR PRIMARY OR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Provides educational scholarships to youth in developing countries to advance and grow themselves, contribute to their community and benefit society.
Room to Grow Girls’ Scholarship
- In the Challenge Grant Model we select regions in which we want to operate, areas where we have built schools or established libraries and thus know the local authorities. Each applicant and her family complete a simple written application and have a personal interview.
Awards and Scholarships for Undergrads from Zambia
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Duke University represent the intellect and energy of the youth of Sub-Saharan Africa. With a financial commitment of $13.5 million from
- At Duke, scholars work with professors who have decades of experience leading projects in Africa. Through challenging classes, research opportunities, and programs designed especially for these students, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Duke are provided the educational tools needed to become leaders. Duke recognizes education is a catalyst for social and economic betterment. This visionary program creates a pipeline of leaders for a global society. Duke is proud to be among a select group of institutions participating in the program’s inaugural year.
The Scholarship will cover
- room and board,
- books and supplies,
- requisite travel and
In addition, a specialized academic mentoring program will offer MasterCard Foundation Scholars academic support and ensure that a cohesive learning community is established.
- Emory University has a strong commitment to educating students in a global community and enrolling young scholars from all around the world. Starting with the freshman application process for fall 2013 entry, Emory University will offer scholarship assistance to a select number of international undergraduate students.
- What does the scholarship cover? Awards will range from partial to full tuition scholarships, and notifications will be sent to recipients at the time of regular decision release (by April 1).
- The Africa ADS program provides academic scholarships to undertake There website is designed to be a useful tool for you to find out more information about the scholarships eligibility criteria, country specific details, the institutions at which the scholarships can be undertaken, information about Australia and the regions where the institutions are located as well as details on the forum (chat room) and alumni to connect with past and present awardees. Master Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas
- Priority sectors: Health (including child and maternal health, HIV / AIDS and public sector management aspects of the sector), Environment (including water and sanitation), Education, Agriculture and Governance
- Number of scholarships available for 2009 intake : 10
- provides scholarships to students who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree (mainly Master’s degrees of one or two years) in either the United Kingdom or South Africa.
FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
- offers annually a small number of Scholarships for postgraduate studies or research to graduates. The duration of the Scholarships is normally for up to three years at the discretion of Trustees. Scholarships are taken up at a University in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area. In addition, a small number of one-year taught Masters degrees are offered at the University of Leeds, known as the Beit Chevening Leeds Scholarship and similar awards, known as the Beit Chevening Reading Scholarship, are also offered at the University of Reading.