SCHOLARSHIPS FOR GRAD Level Students
- The Australia Awards initiative was announced by the Australian Prime Minister in 2009 and aims to maximize the benefit of the Australian Government’s extensive scholarship programs, and to support enduring ties between Australia and our neighbors.
The Australia Awards initiative brings the Australian Government’s scholarship programs together under the one Australia Awards brand.
- In 2010-11, the Australia Awards program in Africa will provide both long awards (Australian Development Scholarships) and short-term awards to nationals from 25 countries across Africa.
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship program, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. The program makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
A FULL Chevening Scholarship award normally comprises:
- Payment of tuition fees
- Travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- An arrival allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- An excess baggage allowance
- A grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required)
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses
Which countries are targeted?
- Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
- provides scholarships to students who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree (mainly Master’s degrees of one or two years) in either the United Kingdom or South Africa.
- The aim is to provide female students with scholarships that will equip them to take up leadership roles for the benefit of their community, nation and region. Applications to this UK administered programme are for courses in both South Africa and the UK, and will be considered for other relevant schemes if unsuccessful for this particular scheme.
- offers annually a small number of Scholarships for postgraduate studies or research to graduates. The duration of the Scholarships is normally for up to three years at the discretion of Trustees. Scholarships are taken up at a University in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area. In addition, a small number of one-year taught Masters degrees are offered at the University of Leeds, known as the Beit Chevening Leeds Scholarship and similar awards, known as the Beit Chevening Reading Scholarship, are also offered at the University of Reading.
- The Scholarship is for full-time study and pays your entire tuition fee. It provides you with a comfortable living allowance of £11,000 per year, and also pays the cost of transport for you and your necessary belongings to and from Oxford .
- There are ten Scholarships available in Southern Africa each year.
For a complete list of 100’s of the best scholarships opportunities go to International Scholarships.ca