ICCR SCHOLARSHIPS FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS
from Indian Council for Cultural Relationships
- At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue under-graduate, post-graduate and higher courses.
- Study in India
- See the List of Universities/institutions where ICCR students are studying by clicking website link below
Field(s) of Study
- pursue under-graduate, post-graduate and higher courses.
- Undergraduate 5,500
- Postgraduate 6,000
- M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000
- Post-doctoral Fellow 7,500
- In Grade 1 cities 5,000
- In other cities 4,500
- Undergraduate 5,000
- Postgraduate 7,000
- M/Phil / Ph.D and M.Tech./ME 12,500
- Post – doctoral studies 15,500
Plus MEDICAL BENEFITS
- Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships
- Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tame & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of application by the University is also not a guarantee of
admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
- Follow the link below to the ICCR
- Find the links at the bottom and download the 6 PDF reports
- Read everything
- Fill out the Application
- Submit to Embassy/ High Commission of India in your country
The completed and signed application form which should be typed and not hand written along with other attachments must be e-mailed as a pdf document to the Embassy/ High Commission of India in your country. A hard copy along with 5 photographs should also be delivered to the Embassy/ High commission of India.
- January 15
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships
- Most Recent Scholarships – http://serveafrica.info/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum