Are you currently looking for a good secondary school in Uganda? Check out our comprehensive list below of the top ten secondary schools in Uganda !
- Seeta High School is a private mixed secondary school that has its main campus at Mukono along the Kampala-Jinja highway, with two other campuses at Mbarara and Green. This secondary school opened in 2000 with the aim of molding God-fearing, academically excellent and responsible leaders. In this school, students get to develop their academic ability and to nurture their talents in a humane and Christian environment.
- Light Academy is another of the top ten secondary schools in Uganda. It is committed to delivering morally upright, socially responsible and academically competent individuals. This institution offers quality education that is contemporary in its approach and is fortified by technology. Light Academy opened with only 45 students in Kansanga and later moved to its present location on Kigo Road on the shores of Lake Victoria. Graduates of this institution leave with inspired minds and hearts, and with the zeal to positively influence the world.
- This government-aided boys’ secondary school was founded by the White Fathers in 1922. It is located 4 kilometers from Masaka Town, in Masaka District, 22 kilometers from Kampala. This institution aims to evangelize the world through the provision of holistic education to the youth of Uganda. St. Henry’s College also aims to produce self-reliant and acceptable citizens who are well formed in knowledge acquisition and character. Currently, this college has a population of over 1000 students.
- This mixed boarding secondary school, another of the top ten secondary schools in Uganda, is located at Maya, off Masaka Road in Wakiso District. This ‘O’ and ‘A’ level learning center places emphasis on both arts and sciences. This institution was launched on April 12, 2002, and opened officially on October 14, 2006. London College of St. Lawrence is sponsored by donors in London, who are behind the well-stocked library, backup generator, well-equipped computer and science laboratories, and 24-hour internet connection.
- Ntare School is a residential, all-boys’ secondary school located in Mbarara, Western Uganda. It was founded in 1956 by a Scottish educator called William Crichton. This institution is one of the most prominent secondary schools in the country, having produced several trustworthy, honest, patriotic and respectful citizens over the years. Ntare ranks highly among secondary schools in Uganda in the area of academics and is a popular choice for many secondary school pupils.
- King’s College was founded and is currently owned by the Anglican Church of Uganda. It is a mixed residential secondary school located on Buddo Hill in the Southern Wakiso District of Central Uganda. Initially formed in 1906 for the family of the King of Buganda and sons of prominent chiefs, this school currently admits pupils from all over Uganda. This ‘O’ and “A’ level institution has produced presidents, politicians, diplomats and other prominent people in society. In addition, this school has a strong commitment to serving the society. 10% of its pupils are orphans, children with HIV/AIDS and those with disabilities.
- The Uganda Martyrs Secondary School is another of the top ten secondary schools in Uganda. It is a privately sponsored secondary school located in the Kira sub-county of Wakiso district. This institution, located right next to the Uganda Martyr’s Catholic Shrine, and was founded by Msgr. Lawrence Mbwega in 1967. This secondary school aims to develop academic and other talents of its pupils in a Christian environment. As a result, many of its graduates gain admission to public universities, especially in the science courses.
- This private secondary school offers ‘O’ and ‘A’ level education to pupils from Uganda and all over Africa, including Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, and others. Located in Ssisa Sub-county of Wakiso District, St. Mary’s Kitende boasts a teaching staff of over 80 full-time graduate teachers.
- Popularly known as SMACK, this Catholic-founded, government-aided institution is known for its excellent academic performance. It was founded in 1906 by the Missionaries of Africa (also known as the White Fathers) and later handed over to the Brothers of Christian Instruction in 1926. This boys-only boarding middle and high school is located at Kisubi, 27 kilometers south of Kampala. Pupils at this institution receive an education that encourages independent thinking and development.
- This all-girls boarding secondary school is located in Lugazi within Mukono District in Uganda. This institution aims to provide quality education for the girl child by offering a wide curriculum that provides a balanced education. As a result, the girls receive wider career options, leadership training, and learn practical skills to help them succeed in the marketplace. Mount Saint Mary’s was founded in 1942 by the Franciscan Missionary Sisters for Africa and has since then been one of the top performing secondary schools in Uganda.
The list of top ten secondary schools in Uganda above should be of great help as you choose a secondary school. All the best!
- Free Scholarships
- Most Recent Scholarships – http://serveafrica.info/category/scholarships
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum