- The American University of Beirut (AUB), in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation, is offering full scholarships for graduate studies in 2021-2022.
- The MCF Scholars Program at AUB prepares young people from all over the world to drive change in their communities, countries, and regions.
- American University of Beirut (AUB)
Fields of Study
- Master’s degree programs offered at AUB (except medicine).
What does the scholarship cover?
- Books and computer
- Medical insurance
- Living expenses
- Academic support
- Intensive preparatory courses and SAT courses (as needed)
- Community engagement opportunities
How many scholarships are given?
- 180 scholarships for African students
- 60 scholarships for nationals of Lebanon, and refugees or displaced people living in Lebanon
Which countries are targeted?
- African countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country or Lebanon, or a displaced person or refugee living in Lebanon
- Qualify for a graduate degree program at AUB
- Show academic promise
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate and show proof of leadership potential
- Have a desire to give back and go back to your community
- Have proof of meeting the RUSE (Readiness for University Studies in English) requirement
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- First, create an account, then complete the AUB Online Graduate Application Form.
- Next, upload all the required documents as indicated on the application.
- When you get to the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program box in the application under “financial opportunities”, click on “apply” so that you receive the financial survey link specific to the scholarship. This financial survey must be filled and submitted before the application deadline. The link to the financial application will be sent to your email 24 hours after submitting your online graduate applicant.
- Complete the Financial Application specific to the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and submit it before the application deadline.
- Upload and submit all the required documents.
- Submit the proof of meeting Readiness Studies in English (RUSE) requirement by April 19, 2021.
a) For applicants residing in Lebanon
- Family civil status record issued within the previous three months
- An employment record for every working member of the family
- For each dependent child enrolled at school or university, a recent school certificate of registration showing annual tuition fees
- Car registration form for each car owned
- Proof of home ownership in Lebanon
- Proof of land ownership in Lebanon
- UNHCR registration certificates for Syrian applicants if applicable
b) For nationals of countries on the African continent
- An employment record for every working member of the family (For parents if dependent, for a spouse if married)
- Bank statement(s) for working family member(s) (If an applicant is married provide for spouse and self)
- Proof of asset ownership (land, home, car, etc.)
- Any additional documentation that supports the information in the application?
- March 18, 2021
How Do I Get More Information?