- This prestigious scholarship program targets exceptionally talented Master’s students from outside Europe.
- The University of Amsterdam (UvA) aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms.
- Outstanding students from outside the EU/EEA can apply for an Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AMS).
- The University of Amsterdam
Field(s) of Study
- Child Development and Education
- Economics and Business
- Social Sciences
What does the scholarship cover?
- A full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year.
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- Outstanding students from outside the EU/EEA
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Have graduated in the top 10% of your class
- Not have EU/EEA or Swiss nationality
- Not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee for EEA students at UvA
- Not have received a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship
- Have received admission or will be admitted for the first time at UvA
- Have submitted a complete application for a Dual Master’s or Research Master’s that does not require interviews for its selection process, or an MSc.
- Be in a position to comply with the conditions for obtaining a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- Be enrolled at UvA as a full-time scholar for the academic year and program for which the scholarship is to be awarded
- Have completed your previous academic program no longer than three years ago
- Never have studied at any educational institution in the Netherlands
- Have a minimum GPA comparable to Cum Laude (Dutch system), a first-class honors (UK) or 3.7 (USA)
- Be a motivated student who excels in extracurricular activities
- Have exceptional English language skills, with proof from test results that are a maximum of 2 years old. You must have either TOEFL (score of 100), IELTS (7), CAE Grade A or CPE Grade C.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- Applications should be submitted to the Admissions Offices of the Graduate Schools for the courses listed above.
- Deadlines for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships differ per Graduate School.
- Specific eligibility requirements, selection criteria and application instructions are on the Faculty or Graduate School websites.
- Academic excellence
- Personal ambition
- Relevance of the selected Master’s program to your future career
- 15 January 2020
How do I get more information?
- Website: https://www.uva.nl/en/education/master-s/scholarships–tuition/scholarships-and-loans/amsterdam-excellence-scholarship/amsterdam-excellence-scholarship.html
- Free Scholarships
- Most Recent Scholarships – http://serveafrica.info/category/scholarships
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum