- The Canadian University in Dubai is committed to promoting the recruitment and retention of high academic achievers.
- The Canadian University understands that students are different and diverse in their own ways. Financial limitations and special needs should never get in the way of getting an excellent education.
- Canadian University Dubai
Field(s) of Study
- Any course offered by the Canadian University, Dubai.
What does the scholarship cover?
- There are four types of scholarships.
- Academic Excellence Scholarships
- A 100% fee waiver is given to candidates who have an academic average of 98% and above. To renew the scholarship, one must have a CGPA of 3.90.
- A 50% tuition fee waiver is given to those who have an academic average of 95% and above and is renewed if the recipient maintains a CGPA of 3.85 or above.
For the Academic Achievement Scholarship targeting new students:
- Recipients receive a 20% fee waiver valid for the first semester if the high school grade achieved is 85% and above. If the student maintains a 3.85% CGPA, he or she will be eligible for a 10% tuition fee waiver in subsequent semesters.
- Sports Scholarships
- This scholarship is awarded based on sports achievement and academic performance.
- A 40% tuition fee waiver is given to students who have an academic average of 80% or above. To renew the scholarship, one must have a CGPA of 3.5 at the end of the first semester. Failure to meet these requirements will lead to discontinuation of the scholarship.
- A 10% tuition fee waiver is given to those who have an academic average of 70% and above. Renewal of this scholarship is subject to the student maintaining a CGPA of 3.0 and above.
- Financial Hardship Scholarships
- These scholarships promote access to higher education for students facing financial hardship.
- A 40% tuition fee waiver is given to students who have an academic average of 75%. The recipient must maintain a CGPA of 3.30 or higher for the scholarship to be renewed.
- Special Needs
- Canadian University Dubai supports the cognitive, emotional and creative development of students with disabilities by providing an inclusive learning environment.
- A 40% tuition fee reduction is given to students who qualify for this scholarship.
- The CGPA requirement for special needs students at the end of the first semester is considered by the committee on a case-by-case basis.
- A professional, documented diagnosis of disability must be supplied to the university at the time of application.
How many scholarships are given?
- A limited number of scholarships in each category are given every year.
Which countries are targeted?
- Students of any citizenship who meet the admission requirements can apply.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled in four or more academic courses per semester. (Financial hardship and special needs applications are handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Maintain the Cumulative Grade point Average (CGPA) to continue with the scholarship. (Exceptions are made for special needs and financial hardship cases)
- Have the required academic average
- Pay all other fees (tuition and housing) promptly before applying for the scholarship
- Note that:
- You can apply for more than one scholarship at a time, as long as you meet the eligibility requirements
- The scholarship is only valid for current tuition fees
- You can apply again for the same scholarship in successive years
- Scholarships are only valid for consecutive semesters, e.g. Fall and Spring
- Sports and academic scholarships are based purely on merit
How do I Apply –Next Steps
- Email your scholarship application forms along with all supporting documents to email@example.com
- Applications for sports scholarships require the following supporting documents:
- A completed and signed application form
- A brief bio highlighting relevant sporting accomplishments
- Scanned copies of references from a coach and/or PE teacher, on an institutional letterhead
- Applications for the financial hardship scholarships require the following supporting documents:
- A completed and signed application
- A current rental contract
- Recent bank statements
- An employee certificate and salary statement for each employed family member
- Copies of passports and visas for all working family members (or both parents)
- Certificates of educational tuition fees for each sibling
- Special needs scholarship applications require:
- A professional, documented diagnosis of the applicant’s disability
- For entry in the Fall Semester – June 15th, 2017
- For entry in the Spring Semester – December 20th, 2017
How do I get more information?
- Scholarship website: www.cud.ac.ae/scholarships/prospective-students