- The Empower Scholarship Program aims to provide the best public and private national school students with an opportunity to pursue their studies at the American University of Cairo.
- Graduates of this program are well prepared with different specializations that will enable them to compete in a global market, as well as the necessary skills to help them become effective agents of change and engaged citizens.
- The American University of Cairo
Field(s) of Study
- All undergraduate programs at this university
What does the scholarship cover?
- Recipients of this scholarship receive full and/or partial annual scholarships.
How many scholarships are given?
Which countries are targeted?
- Thanawiya amma graduates from five governorates in Upper Egypt, i.e. Assiut, Minya, Sohag, Beni Suef, and Fayyoum.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must
- Be a public or private national high school graduate who demonstrates financial need
- Possess adequate communication skills
- Be an active member in school activities and the local community
- Show proof of extra-curricular activities, preferably in writing
- Show potential for further leadership development
- Be oriented towards and committed to public service
- Have attained a minimum grade of 95% in thanawiya amma in the science division and 90% in the non-science division
- Show proof of proficiency in English through recent and valid IELTS test results (minimum of 5.5), or TOEFL iBT test results (minimum total of 62-75 and a minimum of 17-19 in writing).
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Fill in and submit an information sheet
- Complete an online application through Banner Self-Service
- For more instructions on how to apply, visit the scholarship website as indicated below.
- When making your application, make sure you select and see the word SELECTED appearing beside the scholarship that you want to apply for.
- Once the scholarship acceptance letter is issued, applicants will receive an email indicating the outcome of their application.
- Transcripts should be submitted 2 working days after the announcement of the official results.
- The application deadline is October 1, 2020, for the Spring semester.
How do I get more information?