- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program recognizes international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity.
- This scholarship program recognizes outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools, who stand out at leaders within their school.
- This scholarship is the most competitive international student scholarship at the University of Toronto.
- University of Toronto, Canada
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate Programs
What does the scholarship cover?
- The scholarship covers:
- Incidental Fees
- Full residence support for four years
How many scholarships are given?
- 37 students are named Lester B. Pearson scholars every year
Which countries are targeted?
- International students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian student requiring a study permit), intending to begin university studies in the following academic year.
- Be currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2020
- Be planning to enroll for your first undergraduate degree
- Be planning to begin your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2021
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Be committed to school and community life
- Be a high achiever both in academics and creative pursuits
- Be an original and creative thinker, and enthusiastic about intellectual exploration
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- First, you will need to receive a nomination from your school.
- Next, apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2021. Make sure you complete your application before the deadlines.
- Once the University of Toronto receives a nomination and your application, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2020
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2020
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 18, 2021
How do I get more information?