The MasterCard Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh provides postgraduate scholarships to students from Africa who display great academic and leadership potential but have limited access to educational opportunities.
- The MasterCard Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh intends to provide postgraduate online scholarships to African students who demonstrate academic and leadership potential but have not been able to access suitable educational opportunities.
- In addition to receiving financial support, the Scholars will participate in regular online workshops, receive online coaching and support, and attend regional scholar-led workshops and events.
- The University of Edinburgh
Field(s) of Study
- MSc International Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Global Food Security and Nutrition
- MSc Carbon Management
- MSc Social Justice and Community Action
- MSc Data Science, Technology and Innovation
- MSc Digital Education
- MSc One Health
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full tuition fees
- A small study stipend to facilitate access to high-quality internet
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- Citizens of African countries
- Applications from Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are encouraged.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a graduate, or be about to graduate as a MasterCard Foundation Scholar in a MasterCard Foundation partner institution
- Be a citizen of an African country (apart from Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, and Morocco)
- Qualify for admission to the University of Edinburgh for one of the degree programs listed above
- Should have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelors (Hons) degree in previous studies
- Be willing but unable to accept an online study offer from the University of Edinburgh due to personal circumstances
- Be able to prove that your present economic circumstances are preventing you from pursuing higher education in your home country or elsewhere
- Have a proven track record of leadership and service within your former university and the community
- Demonstrate an awareness of online degrees, and be able to show how you will approach the challenges and opportunities provided by online, part-time study
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Apply for the MasterCard Online Scholarship Program at the University of Edinburgh using the link provided below.
- March 14, 2022.
How do I get more information?