- The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program is an initiative that educates and prepares young people from Africa to lead change and make a positive social impact in the local community.
- Ashesi University, in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation, will award financial support to undergraduate students who have qualified for bachelor’s degree studies but are unable to meet the course costs.
- The MCFSP at Ashesi is open to individuals who qualify for undergraduate study, and need financial assistance to pursue a bachelors’ degree.
- This program provides young Africans who demonstrate academic talent but are from economically disadvantaged backgrounds with access to relevant and high-quality educational opportunities.
- Scholars at Ashesi University receive a holistic education that includes:
- A comprehensive scholarship
- Transition support
- Life-long skills
- Give-Back Component
- Access to a Global Alumni Network of MCFSP scholars
- Career Opportunities
- Ashesi University, Ghana
Field(s) of Study
- All undergraduate programs at this university
What does the scholarship cover?
Recipients of this scholarship receive:
- A monthly stipend
- Tuition fees paid directly to the university
- A laptop
- Accommodation at the university hostels
- Textbooks and supplies
- A transport allowance
- An annual trip home (for international students only)
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
- Note that half the total number of scholarships is given to non-Ghanaian students
Which countries are targeted?
- Students from Ghana and other African countries can apply for this scholarship.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must
- Have applied for and received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate program at Ashesi University
- Be from a low or middle-income family
- Meet the requirements for an undergraduate degree at Ashesi University
- Be a student from Ghana or any other African country
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- The Scholarship Committee determines the award allocations based on demonstrated need and the strength of the application.
- Admission to Ashesi University and the MCFSP is highly selective and is based on the evaluation of the information provided during the application process.
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Get admission to the University
- Submit an online or paper application.
- Pay the application fee for the undergraduate program
- GH¢ 100 for Ghanaian nationals, and $50 for international students.
- Submit your completed application forms – University application form and MCFSP application form
- Online applications can be submitted to email@example.com
- Paper applications can be sent to:
Ashesi University College,
PMB CT3, Cantonments,
In-person applications should be taken to:
Ashesi University College,
1 University Avenue,
- You must first gain entry into a University undergraduate program before you can apply for the scholarship.
- International students are required to submit both application forms before the deadline.
- Your application should include a letter explaining why you need the scholarship.
- Other documents that should accompany your application include bank statements, payslips, and copies of your identification documents.
- The application deadline is June 25, 2020.
How do I get more information?