- Sciences Po University is an international research university with a global outlook, ranked among the best universities in the social sciences worldwide.
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 126 talented African students through their studies, as well as to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education.
- Recipients of this scholarship are expected to go on to become change-makers in their home countries.
- This program aims to provide African students with scholarships over the next six years (2017-2022).
- Sciences Po University, Paris, France.
Field(s) of Study
- Bachelor of Arts, Africa Specialization
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full tuition fees
- Living costs
How many scholarships are given?
- 5 scholarships for undergraduate programs
Which countries are targeted?
- Residents of Sub-Saharan African countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Be in your final year of high school
- Not have started any form of post-secondary education
- Have a very good level of French and English – minimum level B2
- Be able to show that you lack the financial capability to pursue higher education.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- Start your application to Sciences Po and for the MasterCard Scholarship at the same time.
- If you are eligible for the scholarship, you will receive an email notification indicating that you can apply online for the MasterCard Scholarship Program without having to pay the application fee.
- If you intend to apply for the scholarship, make sure you wait for the application fee waiver before you submit your application to Sciences Po.
- Once the application fee is waived, you can submit your Sciences Po application according to the undergraduate admissions procedure.
- Eligibility for the MasterCard Scholarship Program does not guarantee admission to Sciences Po. You must apply for admission to the university separately.
- A letter of recommendation from the institution supporting your application to the MasterCard Scholars Program.
- Documentation proving your educational and extra-curricular achievements.
- 29 January 2020
How do I get more information?
- Website: https://www.sciencespo.fr/students/en/fees-funding/financial-aid/mastercard-foundation.html