- Symbiosis International University has opened its doors to individuals from developing nations who are interested in higher education but do not have the financial resources to do so.
- The scholarship is a joint program between Symbiosis International University and Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- International students from developing nations get an opportunity to pursue higher education in a world-class university in India.
- Any constituent institute of Symbiosis International University.
- Symbiosis International University is a private, coeducational, multi-institutional university located in Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Field(s) of Study
- Any course at Symbiosis International University
What does the scholarship cover?
- The average value of the scholarship depends on the program undertaken by the student, but ordinarily includes:
- Full tuition/academic fee waiver
- Accommodation fee waiver
How many scholarships are given?
- Undergraduate Program – 1
- Postgraduate Program- 1
Which countries are targeted?
- Any deserving foreign nationals from developing countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- To apply for this scholarship:
- You must have a valid foreign passport
- You must have the result of the last qualifying examination at the time of application
- You must have obtained a qualifying grade of more than 75% in 12th Std (the last year of high school) for entry into the undergraduate program.
- For entry into the Postgraduate program, you must have graduated with 60% or more.
- You must have appeared for an English proficiency test conducted by The British Council (IELTS). The minimum score required is Band 6 out of 9.
- You must meet the specific eligibility requirements for your chosen study program.
- For more details, visit the Undergraduate Eligibility and Postgraduate Eligibility
How do I Apply –Next Steps
- Scholarship applications are to be sent to Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) at the address given below:
International Admissions & Student Care Services
Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE)
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune – 411 004, Maharashtra, India
- The application forms are available for download here
- The following documents should be attached to your application:
- Academic transcripts to support your record of sustained academic achievement
- Statement of Purpose – A description of yourself, highlighting your personal assets and qualities that will influence your education. include your most important academic and professional achievements to date. Outline your objectives of studying at SIU, and explain how you feel studying at this university will benefit you.
- Two letters of recommendation – these letters should be written by a teacher or principal who has known you for at least two years, attesting to your character, track record, and capabilities. Each letter should be on an official letterhead, duly signed, and with an official stamp.
- Certificate of English language requirement
- The closing date for each scholarship depends on the study program. Contact the University for more details.
How do I get more information?
- Scholarship Website: www.siu.edu.in/international-scholarship.php