- The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program builds a diverse, multidisciplinary community of emerging leaders from all over the world.
- Through this program, recipients are guided to collaborate, innovate, and communicate as they prepare to address the complex challenges facing society.
- Through the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, scholars broaden knowledge, develop skills, and strengthen character.
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive funding for graduate study at Stanford University.
- Each scholar is funded for up to 3 years for any graduate degree at Stanford University.
- This scholarship program creates a multidisciplinary community of scholars, offering them a platform for purposeful leadership development and empowering them to impact the world positively by developing skills, broadening their knowledge, and strengthening their character.
- Stanford University, USA
Field(s) of Study
- Any graduate degree(s) at Stanford, i.e. the graduate program to which you are admitted at the time you are selected as a scholar.
What does the scholarship cover?
Recipients of this scholarship receive:
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, instructional materials, academic supplies, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- A travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars also may access supplemental funds to support academic enrichment (e.g., conference travel).
How many scholarships are given?
- 80 for the next intake in 2021
Which countries are targeted?
- All countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must
- Have applied to enroll in a full-time graduate program(s) at Stanford or one of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options
- Hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
- Meet all the requirements of the graduate program(s) that you wish to pursue hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
- Received your bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Priority will be given to applicants who will spend at least two years at Stanford
- Independence of thought
- Purposeful leadership
- Civic mindset
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Select the Stanford Graduate program you want to apply for and submit your application
- Start your online application for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Program and prepare the application requirements
- Submit all application requirements for the scholarship by the deadline
- Upload your video statement
- Wait patiently for the results to be announced
- You must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program.
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English.
- The application deadline is October 1, 2020.
How do I get more information?