Tanzania, one of the countries in East Africa, offers great educational options for students who are intending to pursue further studies. Here is a list of the top 10 universities in Tanzania for prospective students to look at.
- TUMA, located in Northern Tanzania, was established in 1997. It was formerly known as the Lutheran Theological College Makumira.
- This institution prides itself on being Christ-centered, focusing its programs on guidance and obedience to the Word of God.
- TUMA strives to promote higher education, learning and research.
- Mkwawa University College of Education is located in Iringa Municipality in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania.
- This institution was established in September 2005, in response to the increasing demand for secondary school teachers.
- MUCE aims to become a leading center of intellectual wealth, thus leading the quest for inclusive and sustainable development.
- Mzumbe University, established in 2005, is one of the top 10 universities in Tanzania. It is a non-profit, public university located in the small town of Morogoro, Tanzania.
- Currently, this university has just under 5000 students enrolled.
- This institution aims to provide opportunities for acquisition and dissemination of knowledge and skills through research, training, professional services, and technical services.
- CUHAS offers training for health professionals in Pharmacy, Medicine, Medical Lab Sciences, Public Health, and Nursing. It also offers research and consultancy services.
- This university is located at Bugando Hill, right inside the Bugando Medical Centre (BMC) in Mwanza.
- CUHAS opened its doors to its first students in September 2003.
- The Open University of Tanzania offers certificate, diploma, degree and postgraduate courses to interested individuals through open and distance learning.
- This university is located off Kawawa Road in Kinondoni Municipality, Dar es Salaam.
- In January 1994, the first batch of students was accepted to this institution. Since then, the university has established 30 regional centers and 10 coordinating centers.
- The University of Dodoma was established in March 2007. The first study programs however started in September of the same year.
- This institution is located at Chimwaga Area, just 8 kilometers East of the Dodoma town center
- The University of Dodoma aims to increase the contribution of higher education to economic growth, social well-being and poverty reduction in Tanzania.
- Ardhi University was established in 2007 with the aim of providing integrated research, teaching and public service geared towards the achievement of socio-economic development in Tanzania.
- This university is located in Dar es Salaam, along University Road, 12 kilometers from the city center.
- Ardhi University is the only university in Tanzania and Africa that offers training across the entire spectrum of land-based disciplines.
- Sokoine University of Agriculture is another of the top 10 universities in Tanzania. It is located on the slopes of the Uluguru Mountains in Morogoro, Tanzania.
- This public institution is well-known for offering courses in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Animal Science, etc.
- Sokoine University aims to be a leading university in the provision of knowledge and skills in agriculture and social sciences.
- Muhimbili University started off as the Dar es Salaam Medical School in 1963. It has since expanded to two campuses, the Muhimbili campus and the Mloganzila campus.
- The Muhimbili campus is located in Ilala Municipality in Upanga, along United Nations Road.
- This institution aims to provide higher education and research opportunities, as well as advancement of knowledge and extension of technology and learning.
- The University of Dar es Salaam is a public university that was established in 1970. It is the largest and oldest public university in Tanzania.
- This institution aims to become a reputable university that responds to national, regional and global development needs through its world-class programs.
- The University of Dar is located on the western side of the city of Dar es Salaam.
you go – the top 10 universities in Tanzania! Now, when you are ready to
further your education, you simply need to take a look at the list above and
make your choice!