- Turkey offers educational opportunities of an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience to students from all over the world.
- Turkish Government Scholarships are funded by the government of Turkey. These scholarships are very competitive and are awarded to outstanding students who intend to study at top universities in Turkey.
- Outstanding international students have the opportunity to apply for scholarships to study in the most prestigious universities in the country.
- Turkish Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants are placed in a university and program based on their preferences as specified in the online application form.
- Study in Turkey
Fields of Study
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
What does the scholarship cover?
- A monthly allowance of 800 Turkish Lira
- Tuition Fees
- Health insurance
- A one-year Turkish language course (if there is no proof of proficiency)
- One return flight ticket to be used at the beginning and end of the program
- University and program placement
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- International students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible for Undergraduate Programs, the applicant must:
- Be under the age of 21, i.e. born no earlier than 01.01.1998 for undergraduate programs (not older than 21)
- Be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or having ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply). Dual citizens who hold Turkish and any other country’s nationality may not apply.
- Not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying,
- Have graduated or be likely to graduate from a secondary education institution
- Undergraduate candidates should have an acceptable level of high school education, equivalent to the high schools in Turkey.
- Have attained a specified cumulative grade point average, diploma grade, national exam, or international exam score, the equivalent of a minimum academic achievement of 70%.
- Be in good health
- Students who are currently studying in Turkey cannot apply for a scholarship for the level at which they are now studying
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this program
- Students can only apply for one scholarship program at a time, according to their academic goals and educational background
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- The application to Turkey Scholarships programmes is an online and free process and is done via the Turkish Government Scholarship website.
- Applications delivered by hand or post will not be evaluated.
- Applicants are encouraged to take note of the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Online application
- A copy of a valid ID card – passport, national ID card, birth certificate, etc.
- A recent passport photo
- Certified high school diploma, or temporary certificate of graduation
- Academic transcripts (avoid uncertified transcripts and online screenshots)
- National examination scores for candidates with no international certification
- International examination scores (GMAT, DELF, YDS, GRE, etc.) as required by the university
- Language test scores (if required by the university)
Evaluation and selection
- Preliminary assessment – Applications are reviewed based on basic criteria such as minimum academic grades, age limit, required documents, etc.
- Shortlisting – Applications of eligible candidates are carefully reviewed by expert committees based on a broader set of criteria. A list of qualified candidates is then shortlisted for interviews.
- Interview – Shortlisted candidates are interviewed in more than 100 countries by interview committees including academicians and experts.
- Selection – The interview results of candidates nominated by the interview committees are evaluated by a selection committee, after which the list of candidates to be awarded a scholarship is formed.
- 20th February 2021
How Do I Get More Information?