- The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at UBC is a need-and-merit-based award that recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement.
- In addition, this award recognizes students who display leadership skills and involvement in student affairs and community service, as well as achievement in other key areas like performing arts, debating or creative writing, sports, or external academic competitions and examinations.
- The University of British Columbia, Vancouver and Okanagan Campuses
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate Programs at UBC
What does the scholarship cover?
- This award covers
- Tuition fees
- Student fees
- Living and other related costs
- Award winners receive financial support proportionate to their financial needs based on a standard needs assessment conducted by the university. The assessment is based on the financial information provided by the applicant and his/her family.
- This award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study subject to achievement of satisfactory academic standing, demonstrated financial need, and maintenance of a Canadian study permit.
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- International students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student and applying for your first undergraduate degree
- Have an excellent academic record
- Not be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Be studying or planning to study in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- Demonstrate a significant level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- Be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program at Okanagan or Vancouver campus from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from a recognized college or another university
- Be admissible to the first choice program you are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- Be nominated by the academic institution you are currently attending or have recently graduated from (university/college transfer students must be nominated by their university or college)
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Complete and submit your online application to UBC by the deadline.
- Your nominating school or institution must send the completed nomination package (hard copy), together with certified transcripts and other supporting documents to UBC by the school nomination deadline.
- December 15, 2020
How do I get more information?