- The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is committed to funding education for students ranging from undergraduates to doctoral students.
- This organization supports 100,000 German and international students yearly.
- This scholarship program aims to help students and graduates improve their German, as well as develop an understanding of Germany’s culture.
- Students who go through this course are well-prepared to be international citizens who are able to communicate and transact in one of the world’s leading languages.
- This course runs from June to November 2021.
- State or state-recognized universities and language schools in Germany
Field(s) of Study
- German language (terminology, special and general language) courses
What does the scholarship cover?
Students who take up this summer program receive the following:
- A one-off scholarship payment of €950. Students from the least developed countries receive €1125.
- A country-specific travel allowance
- Health, personal liability and accident insurance cover
- Course fees (paid directly to the provider)
- Accommodation costs (paid directly to the course provider)
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- International students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To apply for this program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old when starting the program
- Be a student of the German language or German as a foreign language
- Applicants must be registered at a university of one of the program-related countries (except Germany) at the time of application as well as for the entire period of the funded stay
- Have proof of a minimum language level of A1
- Have a language certificate for the minimum required language that is no more than a year old
- Provide evidence of German language skills with the application via a language certificate. Certifications that are accepted include onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut–Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, and ÖSD-Zertifikat
- Be able to follow lectures in German and collaborate in study teams
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Application for this program is done online via the DAAD portal.
- Online application form
- A full curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- A copy of school leaving certificate (for Bachelor students) or Bachelor degree certificate with final grade(s) (for Master students), if available (with German or English translation)
- A letter of motivation (in German)
- Proof of credits for the preceding two years (in German or English)
- Language certificates (with German or English translation, if applicable)
- Any other documents that may be relevant to your application, e.g. proof of placement, certificate of employment.
Note: The DAAD Head Office may request certified copies of submitted documents.
Applications are reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria.
- Knowledge of German
- Previous academic achievements
- Convincing arguments for choice of subject and study program
- Applications open on 15 September and close on December 1, 2020.
How do I get more information?
- Website: University Summer Courses in Germany