FOR PRIMARY OR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
Uganda Awards and Bursaries
Are you looking for a secondary school scholarship for a bright or needy student in Uganda? This list of top 9 Uganda secondary school scholarships is just what you need!
- Unified for Uganda (U4U) offers secondary school scholarships for students who have gone through its primary school sponsorship program. These students must have scored in the top two divisions on the primary school proficiency examination.
- Recipients sign a ‘student contract’ in which they commit to maintaining certain grades for the duration of secondary school studies.
- U4U provides emotional and financial support to destitute children from Northern Uganda. Emotional support is also provided through mentors who guide, give advice, tutor when necessary, and act as positive role models to the students.
- The Brian Mutebi Dream Scholarship Fund is one of the top 9 Uganda secondary school scholarships. This fund is run by the Education and Development Opportunity – Uganda (EDOU).
- This scholarship fund targets boys and girls who are orphans or survivors of violence, as well as girls who are at risk of early marriage. It was started by Brian Mutebi, the founder of EDOU.
- This scholarship provides access to education, school fees, school supplies, etc.
- The US – Uganda Orphans Education Fund aims to provide disadvantaged and orphaned Ugandan children with the opportunity to pursue their secondary school education, thus giving them hope for the future.
- Since its inception, UUOEF has enabled over 200 orphaned and disadvantaged children to complete their secondary school education by offering much-needed financial assistance.
- Children UP works with schools in Gulu, Nwoya, Omoro, and Amuru in Northern Uganda, offering scholarships to qualified students for further education.
- These scholarships include:
- Funding – tuition fees, room and board, supplies, and transportation to school.
- Mentoring – fostering communication between the school and parents/guardians, listening to the student’s needs and concerns, and helping with payments.
- To qualify for this scholarship, a student must demonstrate financial need, have strong primary 7 leaving exam grades, have a strong work ethic, and have support from family.
- Ciyota Scholarships enable students to successfully realize their vision through education by giving them full and half scholarships towards their studies.
- This scholarship program provides academically excellent students from humble backgrounds or conflicted areas with financial or material support for their secondary school education. These students should be committed to giving back to the community after they finish school.
- The Ciyota Scholarship Program covers education fees, scholastic materials, accommodation, guidance, and mentorship.
- Kikulu Foundation Scholarships provide education to orphaned and disadvantaged children by removing the barriers that stand between them and secondary school education. It supports children who would have had no other means to continue with their education.
- This scholarship program provides its recipients with school fees, uniforms, books, and other materials necessary for their education.
- The Beacon Scholarship Program is another of the top 9 Uganda secondary school scholarships. It is a leadership development program that targets young people in secondary schools who have leadership potential but are not able to pursue their studies due to financial need.
- This scholarship provides these students with access to high-quality education and leadership training at good schools that they would otherwise not have been able to access.
- In Uganda, the Beacon Scholarship Program partners with the International School of Uganda and Kampala International School.
- The parents, partner school, and Beacon Equity Trust each contribute a third of the school fees.
- The International School of Uganda hosts the Christian McConnell Scholarship for Ugandan Citizens. This scholarship program covers 100% of the school fees required to undertake an IB program at the school.
- To qualify for this scholarship, students should have a strong academic background, be from a socio-economically disadvantaged background, be able to thrive in an international setting, and should be working towards becoming a future leader in Uganda.
- The REACH Secondary School Scholarship Program, run by REACH for Uganda, is funded by the Akisoferi Wamundu Fund for the Future. This program enables scholarship winners from the REACH outreach schools and Aspen Junior School (AJS) graduates to attend secondary school.
- Each recipient has a donor who pays their school fees and communicates with them via sponsor letters sent 3 times a year.
- Scholarship winners also receive mentorship and oversight during the period that they are in secondary school.
These top 9 Uganda secondary school scholarships are your best bet if you are looking for a secondary school scholarship.